IOS 7

mkessler9

He's the typical androne dweller.

While walking through a supermarket he overhears 'apple' and butts in to the conversation.

HAVE YOU TRIED ANDROID? I'M SMARTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I LIKE ANDROID! I'M NOT A SHEEPLE LIKE YOU. ROOTING IS SIMPLE. CNYOGEN MOD. CNYOGEN MOD.

The people he interrupted were trying to choose between royal gala and pink lady for their fruit bowl.

He feels no embarrassment, suggests they try kitkats instead and begins to walk in the direction of the snacks isle to pick up his cheetos.

Heres what I like about IOS7, very little variation in the system. So devs have a easier chance of making apps that are compatible and diagnosing problems plus the compatibility overall is still higher than android, even they android is catching a lot faster now. i also have an android and i like the freedom of the os but it feels incomplete in most scenarios, simply to much variation in system configurations. I'm also running the Ubuntu OS and that is amazing but lacking at the same time, right its a really good concept that needs some work around the edges. Though I'm a person that doesn't install many apps and don;t care about the specs because the user experience is what actually matter, the moto x and nexus 4 are examples of that. 

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

Well, from what I've seen it's quite a while better and I guess it's an acceptable upgrade, yet not flawless by a long way.

I will not be upgrading from iOS 6.  At least not right away.  I'm not sold on the new design.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

And where's the widgets we heard about..HAHA so glad i left the teenage girl phones years ago..

My job had me beta test iOS 7 on the iphone 4, 4s, 5 and the ipad.  Save a free afternoon or update overnight, the download file is 1.2GB.  It runs like crap on the 4, you need at least a 4s to run it smoothly.  This is probably partly due to the more refined animations and the parallax feature.  The interface is clean, but definitely uses ideas that seem influenced by Windows mobile 7.x/8 and BB OS 10.  The new notification centre isn't as nicely implemented as android, but it is an improvement over iOS 6.  Apple dropped Google as the default search engine for Bing when using Siri, but it is still defaulted in Safari.  The webpage layout when using Safari is more open which is good considering that the screen is small.  I'm not much of a camera guy, so I won't comment on its new interface design.  The keyboard is pretty much the same as previous iOS iterations, it just uses different colours and fonts for the keys.  The keys have a more minimalist feel and looks nicer.  They didn't implement swipe, and their predictive text/autocorrect feels dated.  The maps looks a bit better than iOS 6, but it still has the same functions (still no public transit information).  Overall I think it is an improvement on previous iOS versions.  The colour scheme for the new ecosystem is not really something that I like.  Personally, I think the new look will be a bit too fabulous for some guys.  The use of the colour white in almost everything might give some people eye strain as well.  I don't think it is a necessary upgrade over iOS 6 but at least apple is finally trying to change an OS that has looked the same since 2007.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

My job had me beta test iOS 7 on the iphone 4, 4s, 5 and the ipad.  Save a free afternoon or update overnight, the download file is 1.2GB.  It runs like crap on the 4, you need at least a 4s to run it smoothly.  This is probably partly due to the more refined animations and the parallax feature.  The interface is clean, but definitely uses ideas that seem influenced by Windows mobile 7.x/8 and BB OS 10.  The new notification centre isn't as nicely implemented as android, but it is an improvement over iOS 6.  Apple dropped Google as the default search engine for Bing when using Siri, but it is still defaulted in Safari.  The webpage layout when using Safari is more open which is good considering that the screen is small.  I'm not much of a camera guy, so I won't comment on its new interface design.  The keyboard is pretty much the same as previous iOS iterations, it just uses different colours and fonts for the keys.  The keys have a more minimalist feel and looks nicer.  They didn't implement swipe, and their predictive text/autocorrect feels dated.  The maps looks a bit better than iOS 6, but it still has the same functions (still no public transit information).  Overall I think it is an improvement on previous iOS versions.  The colour scheme for the new ecosystem is not really something that I like.  Personally, I think the new look will be a bit too fabulous for some guys.  The use of the colour white in almost everything might give some people eye strain as well.  I don't think it is a necessary upgrade over iOS 6 but at least apple is finally trying to change an OS that has looked the same since 2007.

I have a 4 and I'm running it now and it runs ios 7 better then it did ios6

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

And where's the widgets we heard about..HAHA so glad i left the teenage girl phones years ago..

Nobody announced any widgets, personally I found them pretty useless when I had a HTC desire and Samsung Galaxy Tab, before I switched to the iPhone 4S and eventually iPhone 5. What do you mean by teenage girl phones? I'm pretty sure Apple's market isn't just them, do you have any evidence to support your statement? I'm guessing no.

Nobody announced any widgets, personally I found them pretty useless when I had a HTC desire and Samsung Galaxy Tab, before I switched to the iPhone 4S and eventually iPhone 5. What do you mean by teenage girl phones? I'm pretty sure Apple's market isn't just them, do you have any evidence to support your statement? I'm guessing no.

Are you not a teenage girl? Lol

I have a 4 and I'm running it now and it runs ios 7 better then it did ios6

I thought maybe it had something to do with a beta version, but I found others experiencing slowness with the iPhone 4 and iOS 7. And then I found this article:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/new-lease-on-life-or-death-sentence-ios-7-on-the-iphone-4/

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

Windows phones :P

Windows phone for the win!!!! #lumia920

I found the widgets on my S3 to be awesome

.. for a week or so. Gimmick much.

SOS my battery life with widgets too rofl

I found the widgets on my S3 to be awesome

.. for a week or so. Gimmick much.

SOS my battery life with widgets too rofl

In the end I just ended up opening the app because it was just more efficient than a tiny window, even on a large screen. I know some people like them but I don't see them as a killer feature.