What would you do with this system "Fire Hazard"?

das affe

So. I am just curious what you guys and girls would do in my situation.
I have a main system with which i am very happy.
A few moths ago i started building a second system.
It was based on leftovers - i had hdd, motherboard, psus, coolers and a case. So i bought ram a gpu and a cpu. I call that system "Fire Hazard" as the psu has quite a story... :D 
when linus posted the video about baking your gpu i did the same with my old defective sapphire 7870 ghz oc edition that was accidentally rained on for 2 hours. AND IT WOOOORKED :D
my main system:
gtx 980
xeon 1231v3
8gb 2133
250gb evo 
480 Sandisk ssd

"Fire Hazard"-System
i3 2120 (25€) + Thermaltake macho 02 (free review unit)
Gigabyte z68ap-d3 (revived with straightening bent pins) 
Sapphire 7870 ghz oc  (revived with 200°C for 9min)
IceQ 7850 (50€)
8gb corsair ram 1600mhz (30€)
Lepa 850w zombie psu
NZXT Hades Case with a lot of 140mm bequiet fans i had left over from my main rig.

NOOOOOOWWWWW:
GTA V on settings all very high and 2x msaa 1080p gives me 100% load on cpu and 45-50% load on both gpus.
This is shit because i get stuttery 25fps but around 2550 points in valley benchmark on extreme hd with max overclocks in valley -> pure gpu horsepower is good, cpu is shit 
should i live with it and turn down settings or should i buy another cpu? this system was supposed to be really really cheap but now that I have 2 gpus things look different.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

wow... pretty empty here...

2 minutes ago, royalcrown said:

I'd use it for all my non gaming stuff or make it a combination router, NAS server.

Thats a very good idea. i already have my 2tb and 1tb hdd aswell as a small 250gb installed there but i would need to create a fast connection to both as i dont have a gigabit switch or hub. my main system is itx so theres no space for networkcards but it has two ethernet ports. "fire hazard" has space for ad in cards. How would you do it?

Upgrade CPU...

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

turn it into a folding machine. The more points the better 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Just now, Brennan_Price said:

Upgrade CPU...

ok that would cost atleast 70€ for the cheapest compatible i5.

I'd use wifi or ethernet cards, whatever you like. Windows server used to be able to do custom routing with multiple cards and had a seperate add on for fire walling that ran on top of it. Pfsense does routing but IDK about NAS, there is probably some distros of linux that roll all this up too. I haven't done it yet as I don't have a spare system.

The thing I want to do is set up a Xen box, You use your good machine as a VM and run as many oses as you want. You use a second system to log into the first one and to use/view whatever you are running.

Just now, Maybach123 said:

turn it into a folding machine. The more points the better 

I'll give it a try but my parents are paying for electricity so thats not very nice 

3 minutes ago, das affe said:

ok that would cost atleast 70€ for the cheapest compatible i5.

Not really possible. You need at least €100 to get a used one

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, royalcrown said:

I'd use wifi or ethernet cards, whatever you like. Windows server used to be able to do custom routing with multiple cards and had a seperate add on for fire walling that ran on top of it. Pfsense does routing but IDK about NAS, there is probably some distros of linux that roll all this up too. I haven't done it yet as I don't have a spare system.

The thing I want to do is set up a Xen box, You use your good machine as a VM and run as many oses as you want. You use a second system to log into the first one and to use/view whatever you are running.

That is a good plan for a nas and nas only but the system is fairly capable in gaming too so that would be a waste right there. i'd love to keep win win 7-10

If you are a computer geek, then use the 2nd box to learn all kinds of networking stuff like remote access, VPNs, all the stuff you'd want to know if you like IT. If you mess it up, it's just for practice.

1 minute ago, das affe said:

That is a good plan for a nas and nas only but the system is fairly capable in gaming too so that would be a waste right there. i'd love to keep win win 7-10

AHA, USE IT FOR YOUR emulators IF YOU LIKE OLD GAMES OR CONSOLES, PERFECT !

3 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

Not really possible. You need at least €100 to get a used one

some i5 2400s go for 70 in germany

that GPU will die on you any minute.

If you followed Linus's guide you killed it permanently; water damaged could have actually been repaired.

REFLOW FIXES NOTHING 

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

Just now, PCgamer324 said:

that GPU will die on you any minute.

If you followed Linus's guide you killed it permanently 

REFLOW FIXES NOTHING 

It was dead. so dead i had no hope in it. Some resistors had to be changed by a friend who works at panasonic and it was corroded because it rained through a window onto the pc in summer when i was not at home. I upgraded from that gpu to a 770 2gb then 7704gb then 970 and a 980 thats how long it was dead. 
I will watch the guide again because i didnt watch the end. 
But I have not heared anything about it being a temporary solution.

Just now, das affe said:

It was dead. so dead i had no hope in it. Some resistors had to be changed by a friend who works at panasonic and it was corroded because it rained through a window onto the pc in summer when i was not at home. I upgraded from that gpu to a 770 2gb then 7704gb then 970 and a 980 thats how long it was dead. 
I will watch the guide again because i didnt watch the end. 
But I have not heared anything about it being a temporary solution.

he has many videos like this illustrating how stupid reflowing is

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

8 minutes ago, PCgamer324 said:

he has many videos like this illustrating how stupid reflowing is

Oh well....Sooo. at 5:58 the pitch at which he was almost screaming at his camera was too much for me to handle. 
Until then his arguments/given reasons why this doesnt work permamently were: "Because this is not fixing, this is not sound science - this is bullshit" and the second one was a comparison to the nervous-system of a bug that is poked and then turns into a zombie-bug JUST LIKE a zombie-chip.

He screams like a little girl and appears to be properly frustrated over this. If his frustration is legitimate or not is to be observed but i have a computer running just fine and a screaming upset man without reasons or real facts to back up his opinion telling me it doesnt work. 

Let's guess what i think of his story.

Okay, but I had a artifacting GPU, and I did something similar to the oven method. Basically I removed the heatsink, cleaned the paste, reapplied, nothing, so I removed it again and cleaned, then put it back without paste and on loosely so the GPU die wasn't making contact with the heatsink when I let go of it. After 8 minutes and haven't had a problem in forever. Use this video. 

Intel Pentium G3258, EVGA 750ti SC http://specr.me/show/658

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fL93YJ
Surrounded by Mormons

3 minutes ago, CommanderRykerHaunSolo said:

Okay, but I had a artifacting GPU, and I did something similar to the oven method. Basically I removed the heatsink, cleaned the paste, reapplied, nothing, so I removed it again and cleaned, then put it back without paste and on loosely so the GPU die wasn't making contact with the heatsink when I let go of it. After 8 minutes and haven't had a problem in forever. Use this video. 

ok thats neat :) but the temperatures must have been way too high afterwards :o

intermittent solder joints is a thing, i don't know where you guys are getting your info saying it isn't.

at least some of the time.  I'm sure people bake cards and they stay dead.

edit:  use it as a light gaming/htpc rig 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

12 minutes ago, das affe said:

ok thats neat :) but the temperatures must have been way too high afterwards:o

afterwardsoafterwardsokafterwardsokaafterwardsokafterwardsoafterwardsafterwardafterwarafterwaafterwa

SOafterwardsOk mobile is retarded it did that and i cant backspace whatecvvnr. Whatever. Wont. Okay i am trying to say that the fr temputares are better than before. If i did it again, and i def wouldnt do this on a card with warranty and trying safer options first.

DOg mobile is so broken

Intel Pentium G3258, EVGA 750ti SC http://specr.me/show/658

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fL93YJ
Surrounded by Mormons

28 minutes ago, CommanderRykerHaunSolo said:

afterwardsoafterwardsokafterwardsokaafterwardsokafterwardsoafterwardsafterwardafterwarafterwaafterwa

SOafterwardsOk mobile is retarded it did that and i cant backspace whatecvvnr. Whatever. Wont. Okay i am trying to say that the fr temputares are better than before. If i did it again, and i def wouldnt do this on a card with warranty and trying safer options first.

DOg mobile is so broken

at first i thought you are making fun of me for saying "afterwards" :D idk why 
backing the card was the last thing i could try and thats what i did :) i tried to start without the cooler and with new thermalpaste, in another system and let a friend solder ner components on. last chance and i was lucky, you can imagine me jumping around the house laughing :)

17 hours ago, das affe said:

some i5 2400s go for 70 in germany

Yeah, key factor is some. I wonder why...

My Rig: