/!\ HELP /!\ PB with EKWB predator install!

Hello community of Linus Tech Tips!

My name is  ******* and i own an 4790k at 4,8ghz on an z97x ud5h bk from gigabyte , housed inside an Corsair Obsidian 450d!

now im being really salty about the fact when ekwb launched their AIO series "aka : Predator" i really started to save some money up for it aswell an gpu waterblock so i can just use the quick disconnect technology to get it in the loop (prefilled by ekwb).

So i read all the reviews , got really hyped about it , and as i really want to push my components further because i am an pixel wh ore :D

but ... as i saw my mobo i saw that lil mosfet on the top

and all my hype just fell down , now ... i have thought to cut the piece of the mosfet to allow to put the AIO on the top of my 450d!

and i really dont want to get in custom loops , they look smexy but i want a warranty and as a first timer and having really expensive components i dont want to ruin everything ,

so i have no idea ... should i cut the mosfet ? the part of the fan ? (replacing the ekwb fans by noctua fans)

i know that community is really active and if someone has any suggestions i would be really grateful !

thank you for your time spending to read my problem ! :D

PS : i added some photos

or if you really need diggin these are the sources ! :D
Mobo :
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4978#ov

Corsair 450d review by HardwareCanucks !

EKWB EK XLC Predator 360 inc QDC

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xlc-predator-360-incl-qdc

Corsair 450d case

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/obsidian-series-450d-mid-tower-pc-case

board.PNG

mobo lengh.PNG

predator.PNG

I assume it's not possible to mount the rad in the front of the case.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

well , i could get an 240 predator but i think putting an 4790k and an gtx 970 oced in the same loop with that tiny rad and only 2x 120 fans wont get me a benefit but thanks for help what youve already provided greatful ! ;D

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

i want to mount the 360 predator on the top of the case (not outside)

That heatsink is for VRMs cooling. I personally would not suggest taking it off.

Someone with more knowledge can correct me, if I am wrong.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

6 minutes ago, OveratedCPU said:

i want to mount the 360 predator on the top of the case (not outside)

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible without mod regardless of which motherboard you have.(Though I could be wrong) you would have to remove or go through the drive cage.

The case may have support for 3 120mm fans on top, or possibly some 360mm radiators, but 360mm rads are longer than 360mm.  Especially on the predator which has a pump connected to the top.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, jj9987 said:

That heatsink is for VRMs cooling. I personally would not suggest taking it off.

Someone with more knowledge can correct me, if I am wrong.

yeah that is correct , but i would think that i should cut the part of the fan off that is making contact with the Mosfet cooler

Looks like the rad+fan makes it too thick for it to be installed into your case and it's hitting the motherboard heatsink?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible without mod regardless of which motherboard you have.(Though I could be wrong)

The case may have support for 3 120mm fans on top, or possibly some 360mm radiators, but 360mm rads are longer than 360mm.  Especially on the predator which has a pump connected to the top.

the length is ok i dont have any cd drive or any other kind of stuff , i will be getting an aerocool 2x that would just take the front space and nothing else

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Looks like the rad+fan makes it too thick for it to be installed into your case and it's hitting the motherboard heatsink?

yes well i havent bought it yet but i have made mesures in my pc case and the mosfet vrm heatsink will make contact with it :C

The mounting holes for the rad on the top of the case, they aren't offset far enough away from the mobo?

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

The mounting holes for the rad on the top of the case, they aren't offset far enough away from the mobo?

they are in the middle ... BUT god dayum comerade ! i can do some holes to MAKE IT OFFSET ! wow thanks tidal ! i didnt even think about it !

12 minutes ago, OveratedCPU said:

yes well i havent bought it yet but i have made mesures in my pc case and the mosfet vrm heatsink will make contact with it :C

This AIO is picky and gigantic, even for full tower cases, it still extends into the DVD drive bays. And Corsair 750D is listed as not compatible

http://www.ekwb.com/predator/case-compatibility-list/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 minutes ago, OveratedCPU said:

they are in the middle ... BUT god dayum comerade ! i can do some holes to MAKE IT OFFSET ! wow thanks tidal ! i didnt even think about it !

I know when I was putting my loop together I was worried about this, but the R5 has the mounting holes offset away from the motherboard.

So yeah if the holes you have aren't far enough away you can make some new ones, but be wary of that drive cage.

i will put the pump facing front ( power switch and bring the loop from the 5,25 cage , i wont be having any cd drives or various stuff that take long space

well thanks alot guys really appreciate the quick response !

im really happy that people help !

im going to go to bed im working tomorrow ...

but i will check the post again tomorrow !