What are YOUR thoughts on the Sennheiser Game Zero Headset.

Two in 1 - Or Seperate  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should i buy a two in one headset, or buy individual mic and high end headset?

• Two In One
    • Invidividual
    • Turnip

Hello,
I am currently looking at buying a two in one headset with exceptional audio quality and a good mic.
-I would like to know you're opinion on this specific brand Sennheiser, and this specific model Game Zero
-I would also like to know what you would recommend for a similar price
-My budget is $450 Australian Dollars.
-Also, Would you recommend buying a Dac for this headset? 

The reason I am asking for your help is, unfortunately no stores around me stock this product and the only way for me to try it is to buy them online,
so before I do that, I would like to hear your opinion and perhaps alternatives. 

Thanks in advance for contributing your info and personal experience towards my post.
-TPG

Image result for sennheiser game zero harvey norman

I don't know, the mic might not be as good as you think it is.  The headphones though is a standard HD 595 if I remember correctly.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Just now, Samfisher said:

I don't know, the mic might not be as good as you think it is.  The headphones though is a standard HD 595 if I remember correctly.

So in other words nothing special? I remember hearing a mic test on a video and i thought they were quite good in comparison to most others. 

Sennheiser is a great company.  And as far as headset's go the Game Zero is one of the best imo. The mic quality is not amazing but its good considering whats out there.

If your not willing to get a headphone and separate mic then the game zero is prob one of the best choices. 

Onboard should be sufficient. Get a dac down the road if you really feel the need.

Just now, TheProphetGaming said:

So in other words nothing special? I remember hearing a mic test on a video and i thought they were quite good in comparison to most others. 

The headphone with the best built-in mic right now is the Logitech G633 or whatever it's called.  Kripparrian has switched to it and you can watch some of his gameplay vids to see how it sounds.  His first person vids are recorded with the Blue Yeti while the mic he uses while streaming is the G633.

The mic is good in comparison to other headsets, but compared to a mic like the Antlion Modmic 4.0 (referring to on-headphone mics) it falls flat. I don't know how expensive it would be, but I would get some nice Sennheiser headphones like the HD 558's (which compare to the G4ME ZERO's), then get either a Modmic 4.0 (for on-headphone) or a nice desk mic like the Blu Snowball or Yeti. If you're doing content creation, there's better options for mic.

@TheProphetGaming Here's my headset, using the Audio Technica ATH-M30x's and a Modmic 4.0 (bad lighting, I know, I took this on my phone a month ago)

Spoiler

rtVo2Bo.jpg

I used to be quite active here.

I don't know where you can find headphones in Australia (Amazon turned up zero results for Sennheiser headphones for me, so no idea how Amazon works over there).

What I do know is that gaming headsets generally aren't worth the money. For example, here in the states the Game Zero headset costs about $170-ish, while the Philips SHP9500 (or even whatever headphone the Game Zero is without the mic) plus a V Moda boom mic would equal to about $110-ish and it doesn't have any "gamer" branding all over it.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I don't know where you can find headphones in Australia (Amazon turned up zero results for Sennheiser headphones for me, so no idea how Amazon works over there).

What I do know is that gaming headsets generally aren't worth the money. For example, here in the states the Game Zero headset costs about $170-ish, while the Philips SHP9500 (or even whatever headphone the Game Zero is without the mic) plus a V Moda boom mic would equal to about $110-ish and it doesn't have any "gamer" branding all over it.

I understand what you mean about the branding 100%, I was genuinely looking for an exceptional audio experience ( which i believe this may offer ), and a good all-round mic.
I appreciate the input, ill look into it a bit more. Worst comes to worst I guess i could send the product back if i'm not happy with it. Good to hear so many people know little bits and bob's about the headset though. And heaps of recommendations. :D 

4 minutes ago, TheProphetGaming said:

I understand what you mean about the branding 100%, I was genuinely looking for an exceptional audio experience ( which i believe this may offer ), and a good all-round mic.
I appreciate the input, ill look into it a bit more. Worst comes to worst I guess i could send the product back if i'm not happy with it. Good to hear so many people know little bits and bob's about the headset though. And heaps of recommendations. :D 

You'll like the headset for sure, but you'll be overpaying for what you're getting, especially in Australia.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

You'll like the headset for sure, but you'll be overpaying for what you're getting, especially in Australia.

Yeh unfortunately that's how it is here, luckily an online pc part stockist has them for $279 instead of RRP of $399. So ill probably purchase through them. Ill have a look at the Philips SHP9500 as well, currently looking at some reviews, thanks for the advice.

7 minutes ago, TheProphetGaming said:

Yeh unfortunately that's how it is here, luckily an online pc part stockist has them for $279 instead of RRP of $399. So ill probably purchase through them. Ill have a look at the Philips SHP9500 as well, currently looking at some reviews, thanks for the advice.

I have a pair of the SHP9500s -- did a review on them and the link is in my signature.

tl;dr they're comfortable, you can easily put a vmoda boom mic on them and it'll be usable, and they sound great.

58 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

They're basically just 558's with an actually decent mic attached. Not quite as good as the modmic 4.0, but still good. 

Source: I got both. Got PC360 and hd 598 + modmic.

A sample, watch from 6:10 onwards, fairly long enough sample of speech.

They do the job. I use them to play video games with my friends and it works well enough that i sound like my self and got good clarity but its not the best microphone in the world. If your after really good microphone audio there isnt much built into a headset,

The Dick of the audio page!

15 hours ago, EndlessOyster said:

They do the job. I use them to play video games with my friends and it works well enough that i sound like my self and got good clarity but its not the best microphone in the world. If your after really good microphone audio there isnt much built into a headset,

By the looks of it seems like this headset might be alright in the end, thanks for the comment. 

21 hours ago, Samfisher said:

A sample, watch from 6:10 onwards, fairly long enough sample of speech.

wow, it isnt even the same voice anymore. i dont get the hype about this mic, the mic of my steelseries siberia v2 was better >.<

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

3 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

wow, it isnt even the same voice anymore. i dont get the hype about this mic, the mic of my steelseries siberia v2 was better >.<

You mean the fairly bad mic here?  The G633 is clearer, doesn't pop, doesn't hit the mic dynamic range hard like the Siberia and sounds natural and not like you have a permanent stuffed nose.

https://youtu.be/kByBKupB1cI?t=207

50 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

You mean the fairly bad mic here?  The G633 is clearer, doesn't pop, doesn't hit the mic dynamic range hard like the Siberia and sounds natural and not like you have a permanent stuffed nose.

https://youtu.be/kByBKupB1cI?t=207

yea i mean this one, after ive watched reviews and heard the Game ONE, it was crystal clear that i wont buy it. I ended up buying a HD558 with a V-Moda BoomPRO. Which is far superior to the Game One Headset while being cheaper.

https://youtu.be/Ljp_VFY1_f4?t=430

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |