Asrock X99E-ITX 64GB ram support?

Hello guys and hopefully girls.

I dont know if this has been answered but i cant find any conclusive info on the web.
Does the x99e-itx from asrock support 2x32gb ecc ram ? i will be pairing it with an e5 2670v3.
I have check on thier site for official support and stuff , no luck. Since the 32gb modules are relatively new.
Also. Does anyone have any idea where i can find the chipset diagram for this board? I have some very cool mods in plan.

Thanks again all, may the turnip be with you.

-Zaf

3 hours ago, rafazafar said:

Hello guys and hopefully girls.

I dont know if this has been answered but i cant find any conclusive info on the web.
Does the x99e-itx from asrock support 2x32gb ecc ram ? i will be pairing it with an e5 2670v3.
I have check on thier site for official support and stuff , no luck. Since the 32gb modules are relatively new.
Also. Does anyone have any idea where i can find the chipset diagram for this board? I have some very cool mods in plan.

Thanks again all, may the turnip be with you.

-Zaf

The board only officially supports 32GB of ram (16GB modules). You can try load reduced modules, like we did back in the Phenom days, but it's basically a gamble on whether or not it will work. The board itself does support ECC memory when using E5 Xeons, so that in and of itself is not a problem.

Honestly, all you can do at this point is either to try it, and see if it works, and RMA it if it doesn't, or just stick to the standard support of 32GB using 2x16GB modules. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

1 hour ago, MageTank said:

The board only officially supports 32GB of ram (16GB modules). You can try load reduced modules, like we did back in the Phenom days, but it's basically a gamble on whether or not it will work. The board itself does support ECC memory when using E5 Xeons, so that in and of itself is not a problem.

Honestly, all you can do at this point is either to try it, and see if it works, and RMA it if it doesn't, or just stick to the standard support of 32GB using 2x16GB modules. 

Alright, Thanks for the reply.
Do you think i can just get away with testing a single 32gb module or do i need to test with both modules? Just wondering if there is such thing as accepting one but not two of the same module.

Thanks again.

6 hours ago, rafazafar said:

Alright, Thanks for the reply.
Do you think i can just get away with testing a single 32gb module or do i need to test with both modules? Just wondering if there is such thing as accepting one but not two of the same module.

Thanks again.

You can test with one. If it works with one, it should work with both. At least, that's how it worked with LRDIMMS back in the Phenom days. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

• 3 months later...

Just want to put an update here.
The x99e-itx works perfectly fine with 2x32gb DDR4 2133mhz samsung rams that i tested.

next stop are the 2x 64gb ddr4 LRDIMM modules :)

• 6 months later...
On 13/06/2016 at 9:27 AM, rafazafar said:

Just want to put an update here.
The x99e-itx works perfectly fine with 2x32gb DDR4 2133mhz samsung rams that i tested.

next stop are the 2x 64gb ddr4 LRDIMM modules :)

Do you think that any ECC DDR4  ram would work?

I'm wanting to see if this ram:

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/crucial-32gb-1x-32gb-ddr4-2133mhz-ecc-dimm-memory-ab81048

(it's the cheapest)

would work with this Xeon processor:

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/intel-xeon-e5-1650-v4-processor-intel/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_ads&gclid=Cj0KEQiAhs3DBRDmu-rVkuif0N8BEiQAWuUJr5rNM7zF1d6YeHlwAIFzwL86aFgceeF4bBor4uZJxRYaApY58P8HAQ

(cheapest 6core xeon above 3ghz i could find)

Just bought an ASRock x99e itx and want to 'future resist' it for a while starting with 32gigs of ram and then throwing another 32gigs in later.

Appreciate any advice :)

• 3 weeks later...

They should work just fine with dual-rank 32GB sticks.
As you only have 4 channels max on that CPU.
i cannot guarentee if 2x quad-ranks wil work but i was running a CPU that has more memory channel controllers (if it matters)
I could not get an electrical diagramm from ASRock sadly.
Oh i didnt have time to test the dual-rank Load reduced 64gb Sticks (bloody expensive anyways).

TIP : i bought my e5-2650 on ebay. search for "e5 xeon x99" . Doesnt Turbo boost as high as retail, but at that price i not complaining. especially for testing :)

On 1/10/2017 at 2:58 AM, Tytealeus said:

Do you think that any ECC DDR4  ram would work?

I'm wanting to see if this ram:

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/crucial-32gb-1x-32gb-ddr4-2133mhz-ecc-dimm-memory-ab81048

(it's the cheapest)

would work with this Xeon processor:

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/intel-xeon-e5-1650-v4-processor-intel/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_ads&gclid=Cj0KEQiAhs3DBRDmu-rVkuif0N8BEiQAWuUJr5rNM7zF1d6YeHlwAIFzwL86aFgceeF4bBor4uZJxRYaApY58P8HAQ

(cheapest 6core xeon above 3ghz i could find)

Just bought an ASRock x99e itx and want to 'future resist' it for a while starting with 32gigs of ram and then throwing another 32gigs in later.

Appreciate any advice :)

They should work just fine with dual-rank 32GB sticks.
As you only have 4 channels max on that CPU.
i cannot guarentee if 2x quad-ranks wil work but i was running a CPU that has more memory channel controllers (if it matters)
I could not get an electrical diagramm from ASRock sadly.
Oh i didnt have time to test the dual-rank Load reduced 64gb Sticks (bloody expensive anyways).

TIP : i bought my e5-2650 on ebay. search for "e5 xeon x99" . Doesnt Turbo boost as high as retail, but at that price i not complaining. especially for testing :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hijacking thread, will this setup work. ordering it next week if it will. selling 4790K build to build this one.

Parts       Owned New
CPU Intel Xeon E5-2683 v4 Broadwell-EP CPU 1.6GHz 16-Core 120W Max 3.0GHz QH27 ES       520.48
CPU Cooler Narrow ILM CPU Cooler (Incl. with Motherboard)       0
Motherboard ASRock X99E-ITX/ac       447.6
RAM Crucial 32GB (1x 32GB) DDR4 2133MHz ECC DIMM Memory CT32G4RFD4213       388
GPU          
PSU SilverStone SFX Platinum 700W SX700-LPT       199
SSD1 Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe 512GB     435  
SSD2 Sandisk Extreme 240GB     200  
Case Lian-Li PC-TU100B       200
ODD BT20N Internal Slim 6X 3D Blu-ray Writer       95
Keyboard Magicforce 68 Gateron Green     140  
Mouse Mionix Avior 7000     120  

895 1850.08
        Owned+New: 2745.08

• 6 months later...

Asrock x99e-atx memory specifications :

- Max. capacity of system memory: 128GB (with Core™ i7 CPU Broadwell-E) or 64GB (with Core™ i7 CPU Haswell-E) or 256GB (With Xeon® CPU)*

On 22/02/2017 at 6:56 AM, maz said:

Hijacking thread, will this setup work. ordering it next week if it will. selling 4790K build to build this one.

Parts       Owned New
CPU Intel Xeon E5-2683 v4 Broadwell-EP CPU 1.6GHz 16-Core 120W Max 3.0GHz QH27 ES       520.48
CPU Cooler Narrow ILM CPU Cooler (Incl. with Motherboard)       0
Motherboard ASRock X99E-ITX/ac       447.6
RAM Crucial 32GB (1x 32GB) DDR4 2133MHz ECC DIMM Memory CT32G4RFD4213       388
GPU          
PSU SilverStone SFX Platinum 700W SX700-LPT       199
SSD1 Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe 512GB     435  
SSD2 Sandisk Extreme 240GB     200  
Case Lian-Li PC-TU100B       200
ODD BT20N Internal Slim 6X 3D Blu-ray Writer       95
Keyboard Magicforce 68 Gateron Green     140  
Mouse Mionix Avior 7000     120  

895 1850.08
        Owned+New: 2745.08

Are you sure you want 16 slower cores? 1.6GHz sure seems low, do you have any particular workflow/workload in mind?