Is the Corsair 100 R good enough for my build?

Drakomon322

I'm on a tight budget and I was wondering if the Corsair 100 R was good enough for my build.

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

MSI H97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

MSI Radeon R9 380 2GB Video Card

EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

If there are other cases better than the Corsair 100 R for a tight budget, please let me know. I would really appreciate it 

1 minute ago, Drakomon322 said:

I'm on a tight budget and I was wondering if the Corsair 100 R was good enough for my buld?

If there are other cases better than the Corsair 100 R for a tight budget, please let me know. I would really appreciate it 

Spec 03 red...do you have a pcpartpicker link?

And what is your budget?

4 minutes ago, jkeasley said:

Here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nNFbFT

This ones a bit better

Pls dont advise on spending money on the V300 SSD's, theyre infamous for their trashiness and shitty controllers.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

29 minutes ago, Swndlr said:

Pls dont advise on spending money on the V300 SSD's, theyre infamous for their trashiness and shitty controllers.

You say that, but most people just want a PC that boots up quickly. It has a lot of good reviews on pc part picker and I know they're reliable because I put one into my friends pc. So for those that just want a quick boot and a cheap ssd that works, just go with the V300s

31 minutes ago, Drakomon322 said:

I just wanted to know if the Corsair 100 R was good enough for my buil.

You changed all the components of my build . LOL

Haha...I just got things a bit cheaper and a better cpu...you're welcome. Plus the sapphire card is over 1GHz

57 minutes ago, jkeasley said:

You say that, but most people just want a PC that boots up quickly. It has a lot of good reviews on pc part picker and I know they're reliable because I put one into my friends pc. So for those that just want a quick boot and a cheap ssd that works, just go with the V300s

"I used one so it's good" is false confirmation bias. Look into the NAND switch in the V300 and look at the price of SSDs that are faster for the same amount of money and you'll see why we all avoid the V300 like the plague

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 hour ago, Drakomon322 said:

I just wanted to know if the Corsair 100 R was good enough for my buil.

You changed all the components of my build . LOL

Your build up above was fine but replace the 2TB HDD with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB HDD so you get the boot speeds of an SSD and the storage capabilities of a HDD.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 hour ago, Drakomon322 said:

I'm on a tight budget and I was wondering if the Corsair 100 R was good enough for my build.

The 100R is fine for cheapo cases, but don't think it is something great.  It will do the job.  If you really need to save money the Thermaltake Versa line is really inexpensive and will do the same job (if not better) than the 100R.  I don't really know the prices in your country though.  In the USA, the Versa goes for $35.  You need front fans (and a filter) on it though.

42 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

"I used one so it's good" is false confirmation bias. Look into the NAND switch in the V300 and look at the price of SSDs that are faster for the same amount of money and you'll see why we all avoid the V300 like the plague

Yes, but you dont understand my side of the argument. I use an SSD, I don't care about the NAND switch, I don't care about anything else. I just want a fast boot and program start time. I dont care about any of the technical stuff, but only the speed. If it's a matter of a couple of seconds, i'm not going to care. Don't come back with this NAND rubbish, I DON'T CARE. I only care about the speed and if the speed is good, then good

1 minute ago, jkeasley said:

Yes, but you dont understand my side of the argument. I use an SSD, I don't care about the NAND switch, I don't care about anything else. I just want a fast boot and program start time. I dont care about any of the technical stuff, but only the speed. If it's a matter of a couple of seconds, i'm not going to care. Don't come back with this NAND rubbish, I DON'T CARE. I only care about the speed and if the speed is good, then good

You literally completely missed the point. Speed is the entire reason you buy an SSD. Why not buy the fastest SSD for the money you have? The A-DATA SP550 is faster than the V300 and currently cheaper. What, in your ignorant little world, would possibly make you so blind as to entirely avoid the subject of SPEED then...?

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

You literally completely missed the point. Speed is the entire reason you buy an SSD. Why not buy the fastest SSD for the money you have? The A-DATA SP550 is faster than the V300 and currently cheaper. What, in your ignorant little world, would possibly make you so blind as to entirely avoid the subject of SPEED then...?

My budget is also a factor, so if I only have X amount of money, the V300 will be fine for me and I dont need anything else. I personally have a transcend ssd and it's fairly decent

Just now, jkeasley said:

My budget is also a factor, so if I only have X amount of money, the V300 will be fine for me and I dont need anything else. I personally have a transcend ssd and it's fairly decent

Can you actually not read...?

I said that, if a faster SSD is the same price or cheaper, why not get it instead? As I said before, the A-DATA SP550 is faster than a V300 and the SP550 is cheaper at the time I'm writing this. Why would you suggest something to him when we've all suggested that you don't recommend him that terrible SSD - he can get something cheaper and also better and that makes a world of sense more than whatever point you haven't even tried to argue.

2 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

TBH Kingston said they were going to switch back to it's original NAND but that status is currently unknown.

I think @TDP_Equinox has 2 V300s running fine in his MBP.

34 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

TBH Kingston said they were going to switch back to it's original NAND but that status is currently unknown.

But buying the old SKU is totally plausible and also very likely on Amazon/Newegg/etc and can lead to you buying the lesser model. Too much of a clusterfuck for me when the SP550 is better

1 hour ago, Bubblewhale said:

I do. One is pre swap, one is post. Both are reliable through several systems (and one has been my wallet for 3 months). 

I can't say they are worth buying today though, as there are cheaper faster options in larger capacities out now.  

Both get around 350-400MB/s When in Sata 3, currently running post swap SSD in Sata 2 and it gets roughly 200MB/s

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!