My first first mechanical keyboard. Browns or clears?

Guest Erkahove

I've always used a crappy old membrane keyboard but now I have decided to spend some money and get a Ducky Shine II. Now all thats left is choosing the switch version. 
Got any tips for a guy that has never even been eye to eye with a mechanical?
I game and type 50/50, so maybe browns or clears would be the way to go? How do these differ in feel?

I would get the little switch thing that Cooler Master is coming out with soon to see what kind you like.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I would get the little switch thing that Cooler Master is coming out with soon to see what kind you like.

HELLS YEAH! been waiting for something like this, i missed it the first time i saw the video, thanks for posting, already burned myself once on buying a keyboard with the wrong switches for me ..i would try to try a switch with some orings or something along those lines though as i find travel distance to be abit long, and i just can't help but bottoming out keys ...'

and as said .. burned myself once by buying a keyboard with the wrong keys .. i suggest not to jump into it buying a keyboard hoping it's the right one .. but it's up to you i guess.

Holy shit that is cool! Thanks man.

Yes this is cool to be able to stack like a tower....theres another company named Parvum that does about the same and is quite impressive as well.

Yes this is cool to be able to stack like a tower....theres another company named Parvum that does about the same and is quite impressive as well.

Yep i have heard of them. they actually follow me on twitter so thats awesome.  :D

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

missed the point.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5