[SOLVED]This is a weird one. Laptop settings Transfer to PC

Alright so this is a weird question for anyone. I recently set up a home network using homegroups between my custom PC and my laptop I use for school. So today while I came back to my computer and the background of my PC was the same as my laptop and then when I turned it on just now it asked me to enter my password. I dont have a password on my PC, only on my laptop. So the password and profile picture was the one on the laptop. ALSO, very important my laptop wasn't connected to my network at the time this all happened. Does anyone know how my settings from my laptop would have transferred to my PC? 

1 minute ago, jpow007 said:

Alright so this is a weird question for anyone. I recently set up a home network using homegroups between my custom PC and my laptop I use for school. So today while I came back to my computer and the background of my PC was the same as my laptop and then when I turned it on just now it asked me to enter my password. I dont have a password on my PC, only on my laptop. So the password and profile picture was the one on the laptop. ALSO, very important my laptop wasn't connected to my network at the time this all happened. Does anyone know how my settings from my laptop would have transferred to my PC? 

if they use a ms account

it will transfer

same as when you are on a mac and sync between your devices

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Ok thanks. I kind of figured but I have had them linked for a while to the same account and nothing has happened

I also dont know why it would change by desktop background

What OS are the devices using. Are you using any MS accounts on either devices?

Computers r fun

Just now, TheNuzziNuzz said:

What OS are the devices using. Are you using any MS accounts on either devices?

Windows 10 same account but its been like that for a while and today it just decided to change settings. So why did it use my laptop settings on my PC and not the other way around

Whatever device was signed into first takes the sync priority. In windows ten settings, you can disable the sync and get your old settings back. I personally like the sync.

Settings -> Accounts

Computers r fun

2 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Whatever device was signed into first takes the sync priority. In windows ten settings, you can disable the sync and get your old settings back. I personally like the sync.

Settings -> Accounts

thanks I found it. I must have enabled it somehow today.