some help would be appreciated

Hello, 

So many people say that stock coolers on cpu´s are terrible and extremely loud, which i can agree with so i´ve been looking for some queit and good methods of cooling.

From the information i´ve gathered over the past several hours i found out that those huge air coolers are quiter but water is cooler.

Now i´d like for my pc to be quiet cos it just sounds like a jet engine even atm when im writing this but in summer it gets extremely hot in here and i´d like to put a stop to that.

Even tho i cant do much about the weather outside i can atleast somehow manipulate temperatures inside and my pc generates alot of heat (60c cpu, 80c gpu on load) and its winter now (40c difference between summer and winter).

So here i am in the liquid cooling forum looking for some help on what to buy, i´ve come across the CM Seidon 120V and it seems pretty good but apperantly its very loud and CM themselves dont know if its compatible or not with my CM Elite 311 case.

As the title says "some help would be appreciated" so guys, please help, linus said there is a great community here and you cannot not trust that nice canadian guy.

1 minute ago, Alkyy said:

Hello, 

So many people say that stock coolers on cpu´s are terrible and extremely loud, which i can agree with so i´ve been looking for some queit and good methods of cooling.

From the information i´ve gathered over the past several hours i found out that those huge air coolers are quiter but water is cooler.

Now i´d like for my pc to be quiet cos it just sounds like a jet engine even atm when im writing this but in summer it gets extremely hot in here and i´d like to put a stop to that.

Even tho i cant do much about the weather outside i can atleast somehow manipulate temperatures inside and my pc generates alot of heat (60c cpu, 80c gpu on load) and its winter now (40c difference between summer and winter).

So here i am in the liquid cooling forum looking for some help on what to buy, i´ve come across the CM Seidon 120V and it seems pretty good but apperantly its very loud and CM themselves dont know if its compatible or not with my CM Elite 311 case.

As the title says "some help would be appreciated" so guys, please help, linus said there is a great community here and you cannot not trust that nice canadian guy.

The seidon should fit in your case, What size of motherboard do you have?

• CPU: AMD athlon  860k
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2
  • RAM:2x4gb HyperX Fury
  • GPU: XFX R9 380 4gb
  • Case: NXZT S340
  • PSU: EVGA 650G
  • Display: BenQ GL2460HM
  • Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo
  • Keyboard: Corsair k60 
  • Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 (white
  • Sound Logitech g430
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

•  

49 minutes ago, KearneyMC said:

The seidon should fit in your case, What size of motherboard do you have?

Ive got the gigabite 970a-ds3p, also the cpu_fan slot aint workin so i got my stock cpu in the sys_fan slot or something liek that, i dont know if that can somehow affect the rig

120mm AIO is worse than a good air cooler. Stay away from them.

High end air cooler such as Noctua NH-D15, is as good as most 240mm AIO, while quieter.

20 minutes ago, Deli said:

High end air cooler such as Noctua NH-D15, is as good as most 240mm AIO, while quieter.

Thats just too expensive for me, what about the cm hyper 212 evo ? it has a reasonably low price and the best reviews

1 hour ago, Alkyy said:

Thats just too expensive for me, what about the cm hyper 212 evo ? it has a reasonably low price and the best reviews

Yeah, if you only plan to overclock the CPU mildly, like 4.2-4.3GHz. The Hyper 212 EVO is perfectly fine.

Forget to ask. What CPU do you have? If it's an non-K CPU, it'd be a piece of cake for the 212 EVO.

Just now, Deli said:

Yeah, if you only plan to overclock the CPU mildly, like 4.2-4.3GHz. The Hyper 212 EVO is perfectly fine.

Forget to ask. What CPU do you have? If it's an non-K CPU, it'd be a piece of cake for the 212 EVO.

Ive got a amd fx8350, my main goal is quietest as possible while not generating too much heat to the room

1 hour ago, Alkyy said:

Ive got a amd fx8350, my main goal is quietest as possible while not generating too much heat to the room

How much heat generated to the room is only related to how much heat(in watt) the CPU and GPU pump out. It has nothing to do with the cooler, whether it's air or water cooled.

The Hyper 212 EVO should handle your CPU just fine. You might need to find a balance between noise and overclocking. See how far you can overclocking the CPU without having to ramp up too much fan speed, while still have the CPU temp in a comfortable range.

7 hours ago, Deli said:

The H55 on my 4670K says otherwise.

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

22 hours ago, Deli said:

How much heat generated to the room is only related to how much heat(in watt) the CPU and GPU pump out. It has nothing to do with the cooler, whether it's air or water cooled.

The Hyper 212 EVO should handle your CPU just fine. You might need to find a balance between noise and overclocking. See how far you can overclocking the CPU without having to ramp up too much fan speed, while still have the CPU temp in a comfortable range.

Well you see im not exactly into overclocking, i dont even play no new games that require such and with my gpu im surely not planning to, i just want my pc to be queit while maintaining cool temperatures