Problems with H100I GTX

1 hour ago, LeechFilcher said:

maybe I should just sent it back altho that hurts a bit, or maybe I should just go for the custom loop because I wanted to do that anyways :P

If you can borrow a good air cooler to test if it is indeed the high temp is the result of a bad AIO. At least that helps to pin point the cause.

The difference between a good properly functioning 240 AIO and custom loop in term of temp isn't that big. I learn my lesson. Although it's fun to build.

Wanted to do the loop to include my GPU in cooling as I'm hoping to buy the new titan once its released :P

Just now, Jidonsu said:

What are the water temp readings at idle when you read them through Corsair Link?

30 °C

Just now, Jidonsu said:

That's definitely on the warm side. Are you in a hot room?

room temps i currently sitting at 26.3 °C

Just now, Jidonsu said:

So that's a delta T of about 4. That's not bad. What's the CPU voltage during load/stress test?

sorry if that sounds a bit dumb what does delta T mean exactly, CPU voltage during load is 1.248 V

Just now, LeechFilcher said:

sorry if that sounds a bit dumb what does delta T mean exactly, CPU voltage during load is 1.248 V

Delta T = water temp - intake air temp 

Also, do you have your fans running only at 950rpm during load?

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

Just now, Jidonsu said:

Delta T = water temp - intake air temp 

Also, do you have your fans running only at 950rpm during load?

Yea but that should be fine since the Noctua fans have really good air pressure, already tried putting them on max. load (1988 RPM) but that didn't change mutch :/ (about 2-3 °C)

Just now, LeechFilcher said:

Yea but that should be fine since the Noctua fans have really good air pressure, already tried putting them on max. load (1988 RPM) but that didn't change mutch :/ (about 2-3 °C)

They actually don't compare the stock fans. The stock fans have at least 50% more static pressure.  

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

28 minutes ago, Jidonsu said:

They actually don't compare the stock fans. The stock fans have at least 50% more static pressure.  

being way louder tho :P. But anyways didn't change mutch and the stock fans didn't change much either on the temp side, that was one of the main reasons I went with some other fans than the stock one to look if I can get it any better, but yea no :P

altho are you sure about that the nocuta fans have a static presssure of 3,94 mm/H20 and the performance series of corsair AF120 Series "only" have 1.1mm/H20

ok sorry about that dumb comment just realized they are completely different fans. But they shouldn't impact performance in any way that would justify an temperature increase of 10-20 Degrees under load ...

ok thanks to all of you who replied I got the problem: my pump wasn't working correctly since everytime I moved the "pipes" a bit the temps went waaaay down so basicly what I'm thinking is that the pump had problems getting enouth flow maybe something wrong in the pump. prob. not my fault since I used the water cooler like the instruction told me to. Going to buy a aircooler first, to have a backup when I can finally use my custom Water cooling loop. Thanks to all the answers gunna sent that cooler back since I will go with air cooling until I can afford the water cooling (have another project that needs my money right now (SERVER :P). For the interested ones I'm going to go with a be quiet dark rock pro 3 ;)