Problems with H100I GTX

Hey guys,

currently I'm having a bit of a issue because my AIO Watercooler can't keep up with the heat of my pc. It seems like its not able to cool the cpu propperly, I applied thermal compound and did everything else, I even tried some tricks, like putting some rubber washers under the MB standoff witch helped a bit with idile temps, but the temps under 100% load are still unaceptable my system:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k (at) 4,4 gghz

Mobo: Asus ROG VII Hero

GPU: Nvidia STRIX 970

PSU: Be Quiet Power Zone 750 W

Front Fans: 3x Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 120mm (Casefan)

Back Fan: 1x Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 140mm (Casefan)

Fans for AOI: 2x Noctua NF-F12 PCC 2000

Case: NZXT h450

Hopefully you guys can help me because now I'm out of answers for this question :).

my temps idile: 38 °C

my temps under load: CPU: 73

Core #1: 80

Core #2: 83

Core #3: 82

Core #4: 79

If you have any questions just ask, trying to reply asap

Greetings

Leech

both yes, pump is running  and the cooler of the Block is making contact, already checked that :/ 

Slowly I'm thinking its something with the water cooler itself but maybe I'm just doing something wrong?

1 minute ago, LeechFilcher said:

both yes, pump is running  and the cooler of the Block is making contact, already checked that :/ 

Slowly I'm thinking its something with the water cooler itself but maybe I'm just doing something wrong?

Have you overvolted your CPU at all? Do your temperatures continue to rise at a fairly steady rate?

ASU

@Hackentosher The first rise up into the skys reaching 87 °C max. after that they go down a bit and stay Basicly stay there. And I have even undervolted my CPU to get a bit better temps otherwise my cpu would prob. melt through until it reaches the core of earth :P. Without the undervolt I had temps around 87-90 °C soo thats that ^^

how old is it?

if its quite old, its possible that the liquid evaporated out thus making it not that efficient anymore

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

maybe I should sent it back and try to get a new one, but thats not my thing to do I'm a bit of a tinkerer especially when it comes to the pc :/ And I hate when I have to sent stuff back when it doesn't work just asking you guys because I'm out of answers ^^. Wanted to upgrade to a Custom Loop, maybe thats a sign to do that now :P.

But it sucks if this cooler would be broken.

u can try shaking the radiator while its running to see if the liquid inside (if there's any) moves, so u can know if your liquid is flowing or not
or just touch the radiator while its running to see if it turns hot while running, hot = good, cold = bad

ok gi

Just now, Moonzy said:

u can try shaking the radiator while its running to see if the liquid inside (if there's any) moves, so u can know if your liquid is flowing or not
or just touch the radiator while its running to see if it turns hot while running, hot = good, cold = bad

ok give me a sek. gunna try that right now

1 hour ago, LeechFilcher said:

The cooler is about 1 Year old ;)

Is it only recently the cooler seems to have problem?

Just now, Deli said:

Is it only recently the cooler seems to have problem?

it was ever sine I moved the cooler from my i5 to my i7 bu then the i5 was a non k cpu and didn't even get hot with the stock cooler :P. So it could've been broken before I put it inside the other pc

ok basicly the radioator is not really hot it currently is 38 °C so the liquid is not running? what would that mean? could the pump be broken because in the corsair suite they show me that it is running and working ^^

ok basicly the radioator is not really hot it currently is 38 °C so the liquid is not running? what would that mean? could the pump be broken because in the corsair suite they show me that it is running and working ^^

I have a 5820K at 4.5GHz. The radiator rarely gets above 40C with 1,100rpm max fan speed under full load. Also using the same Noctua fans you have.

2 minutes ago, LeechFilcher said:

while your pc is under load?
im no watercooling expert, so i dont know how hot radiators should be while under load, but 38 celcius seems too low for me

ahh wait wasn't there something with water having its best cooling performance at 30 °C? don't know for sure but I think I remember something like that from chemistry back then :P

ahh wait wasn't there something with water having its best cooling performance at 30 °C? don't know for sure but I think I remember something like that from chemistry back then :P

Think not.

wait gunna send a aida 64 5 Minute test for you guys with temps and stuff

Can't spot anything wrong except the CPU temp. Very odd!!

With this V core and cooler, I'd expect a low 60's C under load.

I would love to OC the CPU and I read on some forums that they got about 50 °C under full load thats why I'm a bit confused, the lowest temps are basicly false because I Stopped the test ;).

maybe I should just sent it back altho that hurts a bit, or maybe I should just go for the custom loop because I wanted to do that anyways :P