Basb

I am going to build a new pc soon. Here are the parts I have chosen:

MSI h97i Ac
i5-4590
EVGA gtx 960 4gb ssc
Corsair DDR3 vengeance LP 2x4GB 1600
Corsair obsidian 250d
WD blue 1TB hdd

my question: Can I go with a Corsair cx430m power supply?

Just now, rektrobin said:

Whats your budget?

around 700-750 €

Just now, Basb said:

around 700-750 €

750-800 $

7 minutes ago, Basb said:

I am going to build a new pc soon. Here is the parts I have chosen:

What budget what country? You could probably be getting a better build, mostly a 380 which is faster than the 960 and looks like it'll have better DX12/Vulkan Support

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

you should be good, 400watt is more than enough 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/7tvj3C

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Just now, Streetguru said:

What budget what country? You could probably be getting a better build, mostly a 380 which is faster than the 960 and looks like it'll have better DX12/Vulkan Support

Netherlands ty for reply

Just now, Basb said:

Netherlands ty for reply

i'm a nvidia fan. I dont like amd gpu's so thats te reason for the 960 :)

Just now, Basb said:

Well i'm not sure about the netherlands but the UK you could get

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3gVWVn

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

I think it could be fine but maybe consider the antec-vpf-series-450w (large dutch review in the link). If you are not that technical, just read the small conclusion on the bottom (the reviewer clearly knows it's stuff about psu's). If you want a semi modular psu, he suggests/compares the antec psu with 2 other budget psu's with good value in the conclusion-text (Fractal Design Integra M 450W or the Cooler Master GM G450M, both dutch links because the -op- lives in the netherlands)

Small edit: I am not sure if the cx430m can handle c7 state (you can always disable it but that is a waste of features imo), corsair apparently doesn't either : http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2013/may/haswell-compatibility-with-corsair-power-supplies

1 hour ago, Basb said:

Even with nvidia seemingly crippling performance on kepler generation GPUs, and gameworks harming everyone's performance, and paying more for adaptive sync displays, and getting less performance overall for the same price?

It's no question that the 980ti is the fastest single GPU right now, but the mid range pretty much belongs to AMD overall for the performance they offer, especially when DX12/Vulkan come full swing. The recent ashes benchmark puts the Fury X nearly 20% over the 980ti in DX12, as soon as it gets optimized for it'll surpass DX11 performance and maxwell appears to be dead for DX12/Vulkan.

http://techreport.com/blog/29770/ashes-of-the-singularity-second-beta-gives-gcn-a-big-boost-with-dx12

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

On 28-2-2016 at 4:09 AM, RedWulf said:

Well i'm not sure about the netherlands but the UK you could get

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3gVWVn

740 British Pounds is around 950 euro's. And my budget is 750 euro's. But  I really appreciate your support.

On 28-2-2016 at 6:03 AM, Streetguru said:

Even with nvidia seemingly crippling performance on kepler generation GPUs, and gameworks harming everyone's performance, and paying more for adaptive sync displays, and getting less performance overall for the same price?

It's no question that the 980ti is the fastest single GPU right now, but the mid range pretty much belongs to AMD overall for the performance they offer, especially when DX12/Vulkan come full swing. The recent ashes benchmark puts the Fury X nearly 20% over the 980ti in DX12, as soon as it gets optimized for it'll surpass DX11 performance and maxwell appears to be dead for DX12/Vulkan.

http://techreport.com/blog/29770/ashes-of-the-singularity-second-beta-gives-gcn-a-big-boost-with-dx12

Thanks, I will think about it.

On 28-2-2016 at 5:44 AM, diapersarefullofshit said:

I think it could be fine but maybe consider the antec-vpf-series-450w (large dutch review in the link). If you are not that technical, just read the small conclusion on the bottom (the reviewer clearly knows it's stuff about psu's). If you want a semi modular psu, he suggests/compares the antec psu with 2 other budget psu's with good value in the conclusion-text (Fractal Design Integra M 450W or the Cooler Master GM G450M, both dutch links because the -op- lives in the netherlands)

Small edit: I am not sure if the cx430m can handle c7 state (you can always disable it but that is a waste of features imo), corsair apparently doesn't either : http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2013/may/haswell-compatibility-with-corsair-power-supplies

Thanks. Kind you gave me the dutch links