blue snowball vs...........

CyberJesus88

so i'm on the verge of buying a new mic and all indications tell me that the blue snowball is the best option in my price range ($60-80).

are there any other options i should be considering or should i go ahead and pull the trigger on the snowball?

That's the best for that price range. I prefer the yeti, but that's a fair but more expensive

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Modmic if you're gaming, last thing you want your mates to hear is all your keystrokes.

Modmic if you're gaming, last thing you want your mates to hear is all your keystrokes.

ALL THE KEYSTROKES!

tumblr_m85c7zsiMG1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I use the Samson C01 xlr with a pyle pro 2 channel usb mixer. Or just get the usb version.. ...the C01U. Works for recording speech, singing, rapping, Skype. Good mic.. I've had both versions.

It comes recommended for in-home studios. 

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

I have heard that the Samson meteor is pretty good and is within that price range.

They can get used to it  :D  :D  :D  :D

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

yer my cherry blue keyboard wont help that either........

good thing i already have a clipon mic for game chat

They can get used to it  :D  :D  :D  :D

As someone who has a friend that refuses to use push to talk, I sometimes end up just turning his volume wayyy down. I know I may seem like a bad person but there is only so much sniffle, coughing and sinus clearing I can stand.

As someone who has a friend that refuses to use push to talk, I sometimes end up just turning his volume wayyy down. I know I may seem like a bad person but there is only so much sniffle, coughing and sinus clearing I can stand.

oh that's just horrible. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I would send samples using the C01 iv'e recorded, but I'm sure you don't care to hear my karaoke versions of Miley Cyrus.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

I use a C03U desktop mic, which is the C01U with a couple of extra features no one needs for daily use (to be completely honest, i bought the 03 over the 01 because of the colour). I can only say the sound quality is very good, maybe slightly overkill. But if you don't want your friends to throw a constant stream of deaththreats at you, i'd suggest not using it with a mechanical keyboard like I do, or at least to place it in front of your keyboard.

| Operating Systems: Arch Linux  /  Debian Linux  /  Windows 7 | Audio: Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D + AKG Q701 |

| Display: Samsung Syncmaster P2450H | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Black | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL Brown | Mic: Samson C03U |

| Case: Corsair 600T | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K | GPU: AMD HD7950 | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair TX850M |