Dual Booting on MSI GS70

Spartan-S63

I was wondering if any of you owned an MSI GS70 if you had any luck with dual booting a second operating system. I'm having a hard time getting it to boot from removable media. I try booting with both an external disc drive and a USB flash drive, but it quits reading from it after a short time of getting past a GRUB boot menu. I'm at a loss and was wondering if anyone else had any advice or experience with the problem.

I was wondering if any of you owned an MSI GS70 if you had any luck with dual booting a second operating system. I'm having a hard time getting it to boot from removable media. I try booting with both an external disc drive and a USB flash drive, but it quits reading from it after a short time of getting past a GRUB boot menu. I'm at a loss and was wondering if anyone else had any advice or experience with the problem.

Is the second OS installed and what OS is it exactly?

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Is the second OS installed and what OS is it exactly?

No, the second OS isn't installed yet. It would be some distribution of Linux. The reason why it isn't installed yet is because I can boot off installation media, however, it quits reading from the media and just hangs on a black screen.

No, the second OS isn't installed yet. It would be some distribution of Linux. The reason why it isn't installed yet is because I can boot off installation media, however, it quits reading from the media and just hangs on a black screen.

Thought so, go into the bios and look what sort of partition table is currently being used for windows.. I'm guessing its EFI..

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?