msi r9 390x vs msi gtx 980

La Jake
Just now, Johnny09 said:

Common nvidia fanboys dont be so sensitive about your holy nvidia and clown jen hsun huang

we all have opinions, i am die hard amd fanboy and believe that red is always better choice

I don't see any Nvidia fans here. Most of us advised the 390x. Fans are a cancer. Fans are why we get ports and why companies get away with the shit they get away with. The day I become a fan is the day I quit gaming. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

40 minutes ago, Johnny09 said:

NVIDIA is far worse lier and scammer...yes AMD was also have some moments but far less severe than nvidia multiple lies and fiascos not to mention GimpWorks

always AMD yes i am their fanboy always 

Please, if you're going to have this mentality, then that makes you unjust to provide unbiased and correct advice on other people's putchases.

Yes, game works is retarded. Yes, 3.5gb of vram on the 970 is retarded. Yes, the 980 should probably have 6gb of vram, or even 8, rather than 4, however, that does not make nvidia a bad company.

AMD is not the end-all of computer hardware. Look at the steaming pile of shit we call the FX series, look at them touting 8 cores, when they're all gimped, lying to your face.

Please, stop acting like a fucking 12yr old, and actually behave like a rational human being.

If I go buy a Century AK, I'm not going to go touting off about how Century is the best AK manufacturer in the world, it's cheap shit, it works, but it's cheap shit nonetheless, and I'm going to treat it as such.

I'm glad you like AMD so much, they definitely need more money than they have, so however retarded your reasoning for giving them money I'm glad they're still getting it. However, you have abso-fucking-lutely no right to apply your bias to influence another person's purchase.

You think logically, apply unbiased reasoning, consider the use-case, and come up with a response. Just because I like MSI doesn't mean that I'm going to recommend the shitty MSI 970 Krait motherboard for a guy with a fucking 9590. (Unless he wants to watch it burn)

Seriously, man, just pull your head out of your ass or go find another forum.

As for the topic of this forum post:

The 390x is the better purchase in this occasion. 

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

11 minutes ago, Johnny09 said:

Nobody force anyone to play on maxed out settings...there is an options to reduce graphics..

AMD games was always far more better optimised compared to nvidia trash games such as ac unity, ac syndicate, Batman AK... in all those games nvidia has participate with developer and we was recieved unoptimized extremely taxing mess so only works fine on maxwell

Personally, I wouldn't take advice from a fanboy of any company. Regardless, your argument has been totally one sided throughout this thread and your comments towards Nvidia are so inaccurate and irrelevant. 

To prove I'm not being bias myself, I agree that AMD are a good company and do make good quality components. However, I prefer the Nvidia cards simply because of the better thermal levels, plus I like ShadowPlay. Just stop with your totally one-sided ignorant posts.

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

I don't see any Nvidia fans here. Most of us advised the 390x. Fans are a cancer. Fans are why we get ports and why companies get away with the shit they get away with. The day I become a fan is the day I quit gaming. 

You had recommended 980 over 390x which is clearly inferior with double less vram, and will be gimped as soon pascal comes to market. So r9 390x is better future proof choice and i am sure he will play games better ,as gcn has already defeated kepler cards with less vram in new games longterm

1 minute ago, Johnny09 said:

You had recommended 980 over 390x which is clearly inferior with double less vram, and will be gimped as soon pascal comes to market. So r9 390x is better future proof choice and i am sure he will play games better ,as gcn has alredy defeated kepler cards with less vram in new games longterm

Do you even read what you are saying?

Just now, Johnny09 said:

You had recommended 980 ti over 390x which is clearly inferior with double less vram, and will be gimped as soon pascal comes to market. So r9 390x is better future proof choice and i am sure he will play games better ,as gcn has alredy defeated kepler cards with less vram in new games longterm

*thud*

No, no I didn't. I literally said nether is future proof. That's what started all this.

I don't want the OP thinking they have protection that's not there. 

You had recommended 980 over 390x which is clearly inferior with double less vram, and will be gimped as soon pascal comes to market. So r9 390x is better future proof choice and i am sure he will play games better ,as gcn has already defeated kepler cards with less vram in new games longterm

With double less vram.

Excuse me, I'm going to go in the other room and laugh my fucking dick off.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

2 minutes ago, Johnny09 said:

You had recommended 980 over 390x

I'm not sure if you can see past your asscheeks but he actually reccomended the 390x

Spoiler

1 minute ago, App4that said:

*thud*

No, no I didn't. I literally said nether is future proof. That's what started all this.

I don't want the OP thinking they have protection that's not there. 

I understand that 980 is a bit more faster in some games that favors nvidia... but 8 gb is better than 4 gb card longterm for gaming, they are not futureproof but its slightly better to buy amd,thats my opinion

Just now, Johnny09 said:

I understand that 980 is a bit more faster in some games that favors nvidia... but 8 gb is better than 4 gb card longterm for gaming, they are not futureproof but its slightly better to buy amd,thats my opinion

Your opinion isn't helping anyone. Facts are needed when it comes to hardware. Not "oh I'm a fanboy so in my opinion AMD is better" NO SHIT? 

Just now, Johnny09 said:

"IF" the trend continues, I agree with that. But we still have no idea what DX12 or the new cards will really be like. Or what cards AMD and Nvidia still have up their sleeves.

My money is on the 390x, but that's a bet, not a fact. My problem with your statement was the factual tone to it.

Just now, K0MP4CT said:

Your opinion isn't helping anyone. Facts are needed when it comes to hardware. Not "oh I'm a fanboy so in my opinion AMD is better" NO SHIT? 

If he was asking 980 ti vs r9 390x in that case clearly nvidia is better because is faster.

r9 390x is best choice compared to 970 or 980 with less vram, Thats fact amd is better

App4that is always right. I am his biggest fanboy. Making App4That t-shirts soon. App4that Will you marry me?

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

I think it's clear there is no point arguing with him. He clearly thinks "more is better" without looking at the proof. Of course, by this logic, we all need Titan X's because 12gb of ram is better. /s

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

If he was asking 980 ti vs r9 390x in that case clearly nvidia is better because is faster.

r9 390x is best choice compared to 970 or 980 with less vram, Thats fact amd is better

My point is your opinion is completely clouded by the fact that you, simply, are an AMD fanboy. I agree that the R9 is better in that sense, but your opinion still isn't helping anything.

Just now, Kryptyx said:

I think it's clear there is no point arguing with him. He clearly thinks "more is better" without looking at the proof. Of course, by this logic, we all need Titan X's because 12gb of ram is better. /s

"More better" actually...lol

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

"IF" the trend continues, I agree with that. But we still have no idea what DX12 or the new cards will really be like. Or what cards AMD and Nvidia still have up their sleeves.

My money is on the 390x, but that's a bet, not a fact. My problem with your statement was the factual tone to it.

I'm thinking about taking the warning points and just informing him as to the nature of his conception, the level of his own intelligence, and any other fun bits I can throw at him.

He's such a troll it hurts.

Spoiler

Just now, Kryptyx said:

I am talking about cheaper card with more vram..titan x is another league and cannot be connected with my post ..amd is clearly better in this case as investment

3 minutes ago, Festive said:

App4that is always right. I am his biggest fanboy. Making App4That t-shirts soon. App4that Will you marry me?

I'll take 12.

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, max_headroom said:

-snip-

Just saying, the 390 is marginally faster than the 970.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

42 minutes ago, Johnny09 said:

Hitman shows that GCN have a lot more potential which is blocked in games that favors nvidia..

yes they need more work with developers, as their hardware is already superior in everything.

AMD was always No 1 leader and innovator from shadow.

And i hope that 2016 will be their year, to annihilate nvidia

AMD is no where near superior.  Their cpus are garbage.  They haven't made anything good since the Athlon64 days.

The same with their gpus.  Crap.  The last gpu I bought was an ATI 7950xtx.  Ran super hot, artifacts that made my screen look like a Christmas tree and constant reboot.  I went with a 9800 from Nvidia and never looked back.

Just now, max_headroom said:

AMD is no where near superior.  Their cpus are garbage.  They haven't made anything good since the Athlon64 days.

The same with their gpus.  Crap.  The last gpu I bought was an ATI 7950xtx.  Ran super hot, artifacts that made my screen look like a Christmas tree and constant reboot.  I went with a 9800 from Nvidia and never looked back.

You've made a terrible mistake. Instead of neutralizing the one-sided words coming from this person's keyboard. You completely went from strong acid to strong alkali. You've come out with a one-sided Nvidia comment -_- 

I am not talking about cpu-s...offcourse that Intel is superior without doubt and it will be,because they have almost unlimited research resources. But gpu-s are always superior innovators pushing industry forward many years...nvidia is biggest crap, and AMD is no 1

42 minutes ago, Johnny09 said:

Its simply amazing game and i will play it i like it.

just to see nvidia crying xexee fury x has show his power destroyed nvidia in this game

thats truth about AMD superiority they was always innovators first ones with dx11 ,first ones with proper multi monitor support,hbm and more

first ones to go bankrupt

I agree!  LOL!

I agree!  LOL!

AMD will never bankrupt,nvidia should have that fate same as 3dfx..

greetings..check out my signature <3