Why some people choose Nvidia over AMD

Go to solution Solved by Cpt Buzzkill,

Well ssoooo lets put it this way both cards are good

IT IS TRUE that amd has better value to them but nvidia fights back with

-TILL NOWDAYS better drivers (amd users might not agree but it is true)

also people like me enjoy shadowplay and userfriendliness

for some, its cuda cores

and for the rest is brand loyalty

(in my case its all the ones that listed)

besides amd offeres maybe max of 5-10 fps performance (depending on the game)

I can see many amd users are VERY loyal which is good, thats what makes company up.

personally i like nvidia for the features i listed, also they are less power hungry but hey, i am totally laid back about it, if u go with AMD so be it, lets just play games and forget about the rage about the 2 teams.

why some people choose Nvidia over AMD ? I Mean some AMD graph cards are cheaper and preform better than Nvidia but still people choose it over AMD is there some features to nvidia that amd does not have ??

"Better" drivers...sometimes

More efficient (with some cards) 

Run cooler 

Propietary features -- shadow play, Nvidia Shield streaming, Gsync, PhysX, Gameworks

Cuda Cores

SLI 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Because they are fanboys,they also want some nvidia features such as physx.

I am nvidia user,but not anymore. I dont like nvidia their gimping,paying developers to cripple amd and other unetical behavior with their GameWorks

Nvidia has even gimped their own customers Kepler cards, then released driver fix with 10 fps more in witcher 3 and give excuses as bug,ahaha nvidia has also gimped gtx 970 and keep silent until last moment

They are scam corporation and i cannot support that so i am red gpu user from now.

Well ssoooo lets put it this way both cards are good

IT IS TRUE that amd has better value to them but nvidia fights back with

-TILL NOWDAYS better drivers (amd users might not agree but it is true)

also people like me enjoy shadowplay and userfriendliness

for some, its cuda cores

and for the rest is brand loyalty

(in my case its all the ones that listed)

besides amd offeres maybe max of 5-10 fps performance (depending on the game)

I can see many amd users are VERY loyal which is good, thats what makes company up.

personally i like nvidia for the features i listed, also they are less power hungry but hey, i am totally laid back about it, if u go with AMD so be it, lets just play games and forget about the rage about the 2 teams.

3 minutes ago, Johnny09 said:

Because they are fanboys,they also want some nvidia features such as physx.

I am nvidia user,but not anymore. I dont like nvidia their gimping,paying developers to cripple amd and other unetical behavior with their GameWorks

Nvidia has even gimped their own customers Kepler cards, then released driver fix with 10 fps more in witcher 3 and give excuses as bug,ahaha nvidia has also gimped gtx 970 and keep silent until last moment

They are scam corporation and i cannot support that so i am red gpu user from now.

such salt 

How is Gameworks unethical....They're extra features added to the game that Nvidia handles better. You don't have to have them on, it's the same as with PhysX. 

Care to provide a source for this shit... 

They are a 'scam' corporation that pulls that same shit that literally every other company in the world (including AMD) pulls. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

sorry, but this thread will only start (yet another) endless mud-slinging match of argumentative trolling and flaming. thus, this thread is locked. there are plenty of other locked threads like this on the forum already if you want to read the answers.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/965477-community-standards/

No Trolling

• This includes flame wars such as Microsoft vs Apple, NVIDIA vs AMD, Intel vs AMD