Razer Hate

Supercian411
Just now, Matty2hatty said:

Because a lot of their are overpriced for what they are.

true

Because their products cut corners in lots of ways, but charge as much as something that's as good if not better.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

2 minutes ago, Supercian411 said:

Why does everyone hate razer

I just think it is because people are accustomed to one thing (Like Logitech or Corsair items) and then Razer is there and then they just feel like hating on it because they have never tried it out. That's what happened to a friend of mine, and then I let him use some of my gear (which is Razer) and now he is actually a fan of Razer. That was just my experience though.

They are low quality plastic, dont last long (atleast their headphones), gone throu 3 in a year and a friend of mine went trou 2 krakens 3 nagas and 1 deathstalker

I've had the Kraken 7.1's for over a year now. No issues, no nothing. Mic sounds great, drivers sound great. The only complaint I have is the unintuitive software.

What is the point in buying another product twice after it broke? Seriously.

1 minute ago, Star Paladin Vinyl said:

They are low quality plastic, dont last long (atleast their headphones), gone throu 3 in a year and a friend of mine went trou 2 krakens 3 nagas and 1 deathstalker

Bad quality control, bad choice on components for the majority of their products, no on board memory .

We've discussed this topic here before and I've had my fair share with Razer products.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

4 minutes ago, Matty2hatty said:

What is the point in buying another product twice after it broke? Seriously.

I got them replace at the place i bought them becuse i know a guy that works there but then i gave up and bought steelseries and Marshall, and my friend is just a razer fanboy so he will keep getting new whenever it breaks

Edit 2: its hard 2 find headphones that match my hair colours

Edited by Star Paladin Vinyl

I remember a few threads on Notebook forums. Several guys went through 3-5 RMAs before finally getting a working Razer Blade, a 2000$ laptop.

Their QC is abysmal. Price is absurd as well

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

they just seem to do a lot of stuff pretty good, but fuck it up with some major flaws or features that make the price go skyhigh

to game or not to game, that`s the question

Razer has some serious QC issues. The only products in their entire catalog I would recommend are the Deathadder and Naga.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

Just now, NeverNude said:

Razer has some serious QC issues. The only products in their entire catalog I would recommend are the Deathadder and Naga.

I like the naga it want my personal choice as it was a gift

I've had a Megalodon for over 6 years now and forgotten it was a Razer product till recently. Still works... use it every day nearly.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

i've been using razer products for around 12 years now since my first viper which is still working to this day mind you. since then i've added, in order:

imperator - used for a year before passing it on to my brother as i wanted the side-buttons on the naga epic

naga epic - purchased in 2010 and still working but suffering from wear and tear from constant use over the years

goliathus - purchased in 2014, its textile. hard to mess up

blackwidow chroma - purchased mid 2015, had to RMA because certain keys did not provide tactile feedback. RMA unit ok so far

naga chroma 2016 edition - purchased early 2016, currently in RMA because side buttons were not snapped in place

i think a lot of the hate at the moment from my personal view is justified. when razer first started out their selling tangent was quality gaming gear and they were extremely well made for the time. but over the years as they grew into prominence and became more mainstream there has been a steep dip in their quality and as many have mentioned their production QC/A. something went extremely wrong after 2011 i feel. before this time my products were great in form and function, never had to RMA. both the products i got in 2015/16 have had to be RMA-ed. i think they've lost their way abit and with other brands catching up like Logitech for mice and audio, Corsair for keyboards, etc - i think people are finding harder and harder to justify Razer's premium pricing when their products are no longer anymore premium than the rest of the pack. 

as a razer fan and long time user, i'd say that the Old Razer was great. you'll hear many users with older products that are still functioning. if i had not purchased new products, i'd probably be in this camp but since i purchased new products i can say that the New Razer is absolute rubbish and the hate razer is receiving is justified.