Bye

Trikein
Go to solution Solved by exercutor5,
Just now, Trikein said:

Because I want all my posts deleted. 

Fair enough, just contact a moderator, they'll help you.

3 minutes ago, Trikein said:

Then I will go through and manually delete all my post and requests all caches to be removed from Waybackmachine. I don't want to see a single letter that I have ever typed on this forum.

I can assure you no one cares enough to go searching on wayback for your posts. If you want to leave, just leave. Creating a thread about leaving and threatening to delete your posts just show that you don't belong here in the first place. Grow up and move on.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

2 minutes ago, Trikein said:

The fact that none of you can even read the thread like 3 under this one

How are we supposed to know its there? there are threads created every few seconds on the forum, and not all of us hang out in certain sections

nobody is a mind reader and we are all here to have a nice conversatoin

Sometimes somebody is an idiot or a dick, it happens, if a mod did something you can report them,  maybe they need reporting

or you can take your ball home and cry

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

True peace and hair grease, bruh

3 minutes ago, Trikein said:

The fact that none of you can even read the thread like 3 under this one, makes me want to leave even more. I made this post to get the mods attention to delete my post after they gave me a warning for trying to stop a troller. This will be my last post on this forum. 

Which thread are you talking about? The "Quadrupling Internet Speeds" or the thread for the video in your first post? I've looked through your latest posts and can't find anything specific that would upset somebody this much.

-KuJoe

I believe the original issue was in regards to this thread:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/553954-quadrupling-internet-speed/

Most advanced users will have and understanding that just adding a network switch of any speed rate will to speed up or "quadruple" ISP speeds. Doesn't happen that way. Maybe actual speeds while connected to the switch between two PCs or devices may improve however Joe schmo adding a switch doesn't do anything. Joe Schmo users needs to understand what switches do and how data and connection rates are for and mean if there going to use them. 100Mb is a connection rate first between devices and data rate is the actual data flow thru the pipe. Two different animals. Same goes for wireless.

Do users really thing there going to get 400mb down speeds when there only paying for 100Mb from there ISPs and ISP look the other way? Think people think.

Good Luck.

1 hour ago, Trikein said:

Then I will go through and manually delete all my post and requests all caches to be removed from Waybackmachine. I don't want to see a single letter that I have ever typed on this forum.

well you cant delete your posts, only edit them empty. And don't you think that you are taking this a little too far?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

25 minutes ago, e38BimmerFN said:

I believe the original issue was in regards to this thread:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/553954-quadrupling-internet-speed/

Most advanced users will have and understanding that just adding a network switch of any speed rate will to speed up or "quadruple" ISP speeds. Doesn't happen that way. Maybe actual speeds while connected to the switch between two PCs or devices may improve however Joe schmo adding a switch doesn't do anything. Joe Schmo users needs to understand what switches do and how data and connection rates are for and mean if there going to use them. 100Mb is a connection rate first between devices and data rate is the actual data flow thru the pipe. Two different animals. Same goes for wireless.

Do users really thing there going to get 400mb down speeds when there only paying for 100Mb from there ISPs and ISP look the other way? Think people think.

Good Luck.

Did Linus not mention in the video that it won't improve your internet access speeds if your ISP is already the limiting factor?

Obviously he needed to be clearer on that fact, but I would hope he at least alluded to it at some point.

1 hour ago, KuJoe said:

Which thread are you talking about? The "Quadrupling Internet Speeds" or the thread for the video in your first post? I've looked through your latest posts and can't find anything specific that would upset somebody this much.

He was upset with what I said in the 'quadrupling internet speeds' thread. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Some may have not understood what was in the video so making it more definitive in lamens terms to avoid any confusion by the masses would have helped. 9_9

7 minutes ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Some may have not understood what was in the video so making it more definitive in lamens terms to avoid any confusion by the masses would have helped. 9_9

Yeah, well, imo Linus should preface a lot of his videos with clarifying disclaimers. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Hello Trikein,

While we understand that for whatever reason you want to leave the linustechtips.com community forum, creating a thread announcing your departure only creates unnecessary drama when and if you ever decide to return.

If the purpose of your post was to send feedback to the administration and moderation team, then please PM an admin or a moderator with your feedback or post it in the official forum suggestions sub-forum here: https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/81-feature-suggestions/