AMD 8150 with Corsair H55 Water Cooling

Gnexus

I'm just curios if I should be seeing lower temps with my 8150 Cpu ? Currently when it's idle, the cpu will drop down to 32-31 Celuis. I have yet to watch what temp it gets to under full load, but the CPU may of overheated once. I was running Universe Sandbox and I was running time pretty quickly and zoomed in on mars, and suddenly the computer simply turned off. I should've paid more attention to the temp when I turned it back on. I recall seeing it, but I didn't make a mental note of it or write it down. However, the cpu does cool down pretty quickly when I go to idle. I think it goes into the low 50's when I would launch world of warcraft. I read the max safe temp for the Cpu is 65 Celsius. The max I've ever seen the CPU go up to was 71C idling in my Bios. I quickly turned it off after that. My old water Cooling managed to get a bad air leak and it wasn't cooling the cpu properly. 

It would be incredibly difficult for you to hit the 80c mark on the CPU if you have all your bios settings on auto. You might want to see about setting up your motherboard correctly but to answer your question I recommend that if you own an FX chip you should be cooling it with a 240 or bigger radiator so you can overclock it and get better performance out of your system. Your overclock will also depend on your motherboard.

Also note that idle temps on the FX should be read via motherboard socket temp and then load temps should be package temp.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

So the Package Temp is what the Asus Sensor Monitor is seeing as "Motherboard" Idling it is at 25c. Also, which way should my large fan be on my case ? Exhausting the hot air from the case, or pushing cooler air on the rad ?  Current set up on my Half 922 is 3 large 200mm fans, and a smaller one connected to the rad. The side fan is a 200 mm pushing air in,, front one is also a 200mm pushing air in. The 3rd large fan is exhausting air from the case, and it sits at the very top of my case. The smaller fan is pushing out hot air from the Rad, out of the case. 

I'm a very visual person, could you post an image?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

I see it now. The Asus Sensor wasn't showing me the package temp.

Here is a two screenshots of all my temp.

temp 1.jpg

temp 2.png

I see, but what about your case?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Right, forgot about that. Here is what my case looks like. 

haf-922-13.jpg

bottom2.jpg

240mm AIO up top exhausting air out of the case will do fine.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

I had no idea what Cpu Package was, so I googled it. From what I quickly read. This is the temp I should be watching, and not so much the "Cpu Temp" Correct ?

When your system is idle, package temp will not report the correct temp, you should read your motherboard socket/cpu temp.

When the system is under load like when you're gaming, you should read package temp as it will now be accurate.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

I was having problem with the top case fan speed, but I managed to fix the problem It seems it was rubbing against the arms of the fan case ? All I did was loosen the one corner screw of the fan, just a tiny bit. The fan speed not only went away, but the cooling system is running better now. The motherboard temp idling went down to 25 C from 28 C, and the cpu doesn't seem to heat up as much under load. I quickly ran Universe Sandbox and it maxed out at 36 C. Typically I would see it go into the 40's. I'm happy with these temps. If I ever do decide to overclock, I will upgrade to larger cooler. I will try to get one, that doesn't require me to remove my entire motherboard, just to install it. If that is even possible.