GTX 770 w/ Displayport Splitter?

EZY17

Hey guys, so recently one of the pins broke in the HDMI port on my GPU. I use triple monitors with Nvidia surround so it kinda screwed me over. My DVI D port doesn't work, not sure why so I use the DVI I port and the display port. My question is, does the GTX 770 support multiple displays out of a single display port?  If so, do I need a active adapter or could I use passive? Also, if so, anyone know of an affordable option? Thanks!

| PC Specs |

i5 3570K | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Nvidia GTX 770 | 8GB GSkill RipjawsX 1600Mhz | Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Segate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair CX 600M | Cooler Master Haf 912

Yup. The DP on GTX770 is ver 1.2 so it supports both, daisy-chaining (connecting from computer to monitor to monitor to monitor) and an MST hub (a three-way splitter with support for extended screen). Dealer's choice. Both work with standard passive cables. but technically MST hub is active and daisy-chaining needs support from the monitors too.

24 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Yup. The DP on GTX770 is ver 1.2 so it supports both, daisy-chaining (connecting from computer to monitor to monitor to monitor) and an MST hub (a three-way splitter with support for extended screen). Dealer's choice. Both work with standard passive cables. but technically MST hub is active and daisy-chaining needs support from the monitors too.

Ok cool. Do you know of any affordable options?

| PC Specs |

i5 3570K | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Nvidia GTX 770 | 8GB GSkill RipjawsX 1600Mhz | Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Segate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair CX 600M | Cooler Master Haf 912

7 minutes ago, EZY17 said:

Ok cool. Do you know of any affordable options?

No, sorry. The only MST hub I have personally used is the Club-3D one. I would definitely recommend it but it's by no means cheap. If you happen to have daisy-chainable monitors already, you'd only need to get the DP cables. If you don't care about performance, the cheapest option would be to get a second GPU. Like a GT210. Or even an external USB GPU.

11 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

No, sorry. The only MST hub I have personally used is the Club-3D one. I would definitely recommend it but it's by no means cheap. If you happen to have daisy-chainable monitors already, you'd only need to get the DP cables. If you don't care about performance, the cheapest option would be to get a second GPU. Like a GT210. Or even an external USB GPU.

Hmm, what monitors support DP daisy-chain?

| PC Specs |

3 minutes ago, EZY17 said:

Hmm, what monitors support DP daisy-chain?

They'll tell that in the specs but it must have at least two DP connectors. The other can be mini-DP just to add to the usefulness. Dell U2413 supports it for example. I could have sworn that U2412 supports it too but I can't seem to verify that. It's not like those are the only one's. I just personally work more with industrial / business stuff.

37 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

They'll tell that in the specs but it must have at least two DP connectors. The other can be mini-DP just to add to the usefulness. Dell U2413 supports it for example. I could have sworn that U2412 supports it too but I can't seem to verify that. It's not like those are the only one's. I just personally work more with industrial / business stuff.

Ah okay thanks. My monitors only have one DP port. Guess I'll have to spend $100 on a adapter -_-

| PC Specs |

1 hour ago, Naeaes said:

1 hour ago, EZY17 said:

Ah okay thanks. My monitors only have one DP port. Guess I'll have to spend $100 on a adapter -_-

Just as a side note, it's not that it just has to have multiple DP ports, a monitor with just 2 regular DP ports can't be used for daisy-chaining either. DisplayPort ports (as with all other display interfaces, DVI, HDMI, etc.) are uni-directional. They are configured to either receive signals from a source (input) or send out signals to a display (output). To support daisy-chaining, a monitor must have a dedicated DisplayPort Output port in addition to the usual DP Input port.

dell-U2713H-displayport-connectors.jpg

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

Just as a side note, it's not that it just has to have multiple DP ports, a monitor with just 2 regular DP ports can't be used for daisy-chaining either. DisplayPort ports (as with all other display interfaces, DVI, HDMI, etc.) are uni-directional. They are configured to either receive signals from a source (input) or send out signals to a display (output). To support daisy-chaining, a monitor must have a dedicated DisplayPort Output port in addition to the usual DP Input port.

dell-U2713H-displayport-connectors.jpg

Oh okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

| PC Specs |