Project TINY - Corsair 250D Mod

gamingowiz

Hello!!
Thanks for having me on your awesome site :D 
I love showing off my stuff, so heres my first mod! I'm already thinking of flogging it to make another :P 

Note: also learning how to use girlfriends camera! photography is tough :S:S

Mods 

• New paint job

• Cut a new window

• Some acrylic to hide cables, pump, tubing.

• acrylic to mount reservoir

• lots of carbon fiber viny

• watercooling..... really bad bends :(

• Led lighting

Specs

• CPU: i5 4690K @4.6Ghz stable (temps do not exceed 70c on any benchmark)

• GPU: Gigabyte Windforce R9 280x @1170Mhz & 1770Mhz Memory  (again, stable and cool)

• Motherboard: Asrock Z97M-ITX. WIFI inbuilt.

• RAM: GSkill RipJaws DRR3 RAM. 8gb

• PSU: Corsair RM650i 650Watt PSU (CableMod C-series RMi/RMZ cables as pictured)

• Storage: 240gb Kingston SSD & 1tb Samsung 2.5" HDD

• Case: Corsair 250D

• Watercooling: Custom. A mixture of Acrylic and rubber tubing as well as barb and compression fittings. PhobyaDC12-400 pump.

• Fans/Controllers: Coolermaster riing 120mm fans. NZXT Grid+ digital fan controller.

• Lighting: NZXT LED strip with controller.

Questions: Ideas on hiding lighting better?
how much would you pay for this rig?

Again, thanks for having me! cya arounnnd!

DSC_0781.jpg

DSC_0783.jpg

DSC_0789.jpg

DSC_0790.jpg

DSC_0791.jpg

DSC_0796.jpg

DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0798.jpg

DSC_0793.JPG

Edited by gamingowiz

COPPER THEMED SCRATCH BUILD: PROJECT CUFEC IN PROGRESS 

Man, that looks incredible. 

In my opinion, LED lighting looks better either diffused or when the light source (the LEDs themselves) are hidden.

I would try and hide all of the LEDs under something, or tucking the strips into the corners of your case so the lighting effect is softer rather than having certain excessively bright spots (something I like to call the 'Christmas Tree Effect'. However, this is entirely subjective.

Alternatively, you could use pieces or strips of translucent plastic or tape to diffuse the light emitted by the LEDs.

Just now, Aereldor said:

In my opinion, LED lighting looks better either diffused or when the light source (the LEDs themselves) are hidden.

I would try and hide all of the LEDs under something, or tucking the strips into the corners of your case so the lighting effect is softer rather than having certain excessively bright spots (something I like to call the 'Christmas Tree Effect'. However, this is entirely subjective.

A bit of white tissue paper would probably diffuse it pretty well. Draw back being then that when the LEDs are off there is a white strip in a black case.

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

1 minute ago, NTF5252 said:

A bit of white tissue paper would probably diffuse it pretty well. Draw back being then that when the LEDs are off there is a white strip in a black case.

It's harder to make tissue paper look neat in a case as opposed to translucent practice, and it isn't a great idea to have a potential source of lint inside your case.

9 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I certainly agree with your perspective. the chritsmas tree effect is undesirable :P 

6 minutes ago, NTF5252 said:

So I am to literally rap tissue paper around the LED? I'll try it, Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

It's harder to make tissue paper look neat in a case as opposed to translucent practice, and it isn't a great idea to have a potential source of lint inside your case.

Just now, gamingowiz said:

o I am to literally rap tissue paper around the LED? I'll try it, Thanks!!!

try a REALLY thick coat of spray on glue(or other glue that goes on fairly even). Then lay the paper on top and try to do it almost the same way as you do screen protectors. That way the tissue is thoroughly glued so there wont be any lint.

EDIT:oops thought you had strips not just single leds. Try fine grit sand paper to diffuse the LED.

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

16 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I did a bit of a google on how to diffuse an LED. came up with THIS. Get yourself some high grit sand paper and sand away at the LED.

Thanks Aereldor, hadn't known diffusing was a thing :P

Results from page:

F7YE13SF7DWO4H0.MEDIUM.jpg

$2000, you interested?

1 hour ago, NTF5252 said:

try a REALLY thick coat of spray on glue(or other glue that goes on fairly even). Then lay the paper on top and try to do it almost the same way as you do screen protectors. That way the tissue is thoroughly glued so there wont be any lint.

EDIT:oops thought you had strips not just single leds. Try fine grit sand paper to diffuse the LED.

It still might not help with the 'Christmas Tree Effect', unless, of course, that's how OP likes it.

I'd still recommend hiding the LEDs themselves, even after diffusing them, as they'd still appear as harsh spots of light, if only slightly diffused. 

6 hours ago, Aereldor said:

It still might not help with the 'Christmas Tree Effect', unless, of course, that's how OP likes it.

I'd still recommend hiding the LEDs themselves, even after diffusing them, as they'd still appear as harsh spots of light, if only slightly diffused. 

I'll do some before and after photos once I diffuse them. see what you all think!

This is awesome!

I had a 250D and thought the window was too small, this is great!

CPU: i7 4790K Cooler: Corsair H55i Mobo: ASUS Z97M-PLUS Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 32GB Storage: Samsung SM951 128GB m.2 Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD GPU: Asus STRIX 970 GTX PSU: Seasonic 550w Gold Case: Corsair 350D

58 minutes ago, UNFKNBLVBL said:

This is awesome!

I had a 250D and thought the window was too small, this is great!

yeah :P I came up with the design of having the reservoir on show and decided a new window was needed! It's easy to do, the window holds together just fine, even without the acrylic.