Wiring 4K monitors to Titan X

Chris9907

Hello,

I have 2 Titan X's and 3 4K 27" Dell P2715Q.

How should i best wire them up? Should I daisy chain them together on display port?

Should i put a cable from each monitor back to one Titan X, or split the displays across the Titan X's ?

I know that its not possible to game in 3 Way 4K so ill only ever be single monitor gaming.

Thanks in Advance

If you have two Titan Xs in SLI, I think all the outputs across both cards are balanced, so you can plug them in any way you like. I don't think plugging in the monitors into different cards will lend you any benefits over plugging them all into the same card.

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

If you have two Titan Xs in SLI, I think all the outputs across both cards are balanced, so you can plug them in any way you like. I don't think plugging in the monitors into different cards will lend you any benefits over plugging them all into the same card.

Great thanks for that! do you have any idea if ill lose any performance by daisy-chaining the monitors together?

14 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

10 minutes ago, Chris9907 said:

Great thanks for that! do you have any idea if ill lose any performance by daisy-chaining the monitors together?

With SLI, all monitors MUST be connected to the same card. I think they made it so that it can be either card, as long as all monitors are on a single card. If you had another card out of SLI, you could use that along with one of the SLI cards. 

You cannot daisy chain UHD/4K monitors with displayport 1.2 AFAIK. The Titan X has three DP outputs, right? You'd just have to connect each monitor to its own DP port. 

Information if you need it:

SLI + Multi-monitor
DP Daisychaining

55 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

With SLI, all monitors MUST be connected to the same card. I think they made it so that it can be either card, as long as all monitors are on a single card. If you had another card out of SLI, you could use that along with one of the SLI cards. 

You cannot daisy chain UHD/4K monitors with displayport 1.2 AFAIK. The Titan X has three DP outputs, right? You'd just have to connect each monitor to its own DP port. 

Information if you need it:

SLI + Multi-monitor
DP Daisychaining

Thanks for the information! I shall run one DP cable to each monitor.