Shopping for a new phone

SMR
On 22/2/2016 at 3:26 PM, VerticalDiscussions said:

On 7/3/2016 at 8:32 AM, ciprian97pop said:

On 7/3/2016 at 8:38 AM, RTarson said:

A new player entered the game. Huawei GX8.

Look at the details in the photos this thing take:

http://www.gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=4&idPhone1=6901&idPhone2=7243&idPhone3=7513

It almost surpass the iPhone 6 plus and come close to the LG G4. Comes a little behind in low light but not to far.

Plus it has a 128 sd card support. I can get it new for 479$ CAD on newegg

What do you think ?

31 minutes ago, SMR said:

-snip-

With all due respect to GSMArena, either they tend to overate a smartphone potential or they completely underate the flagship class of phones. Most smartphones nowadays are able to handle dailight photos quite well, even the likes of the OnePlus X and Huawei/Chinese Mid-rangers, but when it comes to low light conditions they completely lose theyr capabilities and also create large amounts of background noise, very bad zooming and focusing and lack of object tracking and color shifting. The image you shown clearly depicts that the GX8 camera is a good smartphone camera and it should be since it boasts OIS and dual tone Led flash, with hopefully good image software processing.

But that doesnt mean its image sensor, image processor and outer/inner lens have a high quality stamp on them and there are more than one type of gyroscopes for image stabilization and how smooth and vibration resistant they are. One import factor in regard to the newest Iphone, not the 6/6 Plus series, was its lens protecting the camera and its sensors, which is mady of sapphire instead of glass, resulting in very clear pictures with little to no distortion from outer dust or particles that could easily attach to the glass and even helps with inner reflections thanks to its natural color hues which can be balanced for photographic purposes. Dont let a lab test give you the idea that the newest Iphone lenses arent good, because if there is one thing Apple still has of up to its price is its camera software and technology implemented.

Overhaul it sounds like a compelling phone and it seems like a great choice for someone with your budget. It will fare well and be good in battery life, given it has a 1080P display with a 3000mAh battery. I say you go for it, especially if you already have the sd card you need. In a detail and image distortion/background noise part of the pictures being tested, you can definetly see just how great the Lg g4 sensor is compared to the remainder of the two, but by no means a single picture frame could compare outdoor results. :D Get it.56e023cd5d462_Croppingabilities.png.062a

Groomlake Authority

7 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Dont let a lab test give you the idea that the newest Iphone lenses arent good, because if there is one thing Apple still has of up to its price is its camera software and technology implemented.

Overhaul it sounds like a compelling phone and it seems like a great choice for someone with your budget. It will fare well and be good in battery life, given it has a 1080P display with a 3000mAh battery. I say you go for it, especially if you already have the sd card you need. In a detail and image distortion/background noise part of the pictures being tested, you can definetly see just how great the Lg g4 sensor is compared to the remainder of the two, but by no means a single picture frame could compare outdoor results. :D Get it.

Oh yeah I totally know that Apple iPhones are the sh*t when it come to cameras and photo quality and being an hardcore Android guy it make me cringe a little lol.

I know the LG is still better but I still find it expensive. Given the fact that my tax return will pay for my phone and that I have a motorcycle to finish building, i'll try to save a few bucks for that. 

But still my go to camera when I travel is my GoPro Hero 3 and my girlfriend's iPhone 5. So anything slightly better will suit me very well. I mean, compared to the N4 that takes absolutely garbage photos... Like I don't even try anymore, it's not even worth it to try and get a good shot out of this crappy camera, plus the fact that it take forever to take 1 photo...

My tax return probably won't be before another solid month, so I'll recheck the prices when I'm ready to make an order. If the G4 reduced, I'll get it, but otherwise I think the GX8 will be a good overall.