Main screen gets green flickering bars when watching videos

Go to solution Solved by VinZie,
Just now, DND said:

OMG! this is far worse than what i am getting.

It could be your GPU. What CPU/GPU are you using?

So I have lately been using double monitor setup.

I have HDMI plugged from my main 24"inch monitor to GPU and 17-19" VGA-DVI to my GPU also.

When I start watching video my main monitor gets flickering green bars (horizontal) which won't go away (sometimes they go away when I close browser sometimes not).

I have latest Flash player on my Firefox and Chrome. (Does that on both)

But I have realized that when starting my computer if I unplug VGA-DVI and plug it back after computer is on, my main monitor won't get those green flickering bars.

I have latest AMD Catalyst Control center and Catalyst software suite.

I have tried to plug my secondary monitor to my motherboard VGA slot but it doesn't work and same is with the HDMI. (I think I have downloaded the drivers)

Currently using Windows 10

Components:

GPU: Asus R9 270

CPU: i5-4670k

Mobo: MSI H97 PC Mate

PSU: Corsair CX 500W

If you have any kind of advice feel free to give!

Thx in advance to everyone!

Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM 

Secondary monitor: Some old Acer 17-19" inch 4:3 monitor.

Max refresh rate on both 75Hz.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

2 minutes ago, Typho said:

I have HDMI plugged from my main 24"inch monitor to GPU and 17-19" VGA-DVI to my GPU also.

When I start watching video my main monitor gets flickering green bars (horizontal) which won't go away (sometimes they go away when I close browser sometimes not).

But I have realized that when starting my computer if I unplug VGA-DVI and plug it back after computer is on my main monitor won't get those green flickering bars.

I have tried to plug my secondary monitor to my motherboard VGA slot but it doesn't work and same is with the HDMI. (I think I have downloaded the drivers)

Components:

are the flickering bars vertical bars that are color red then goes from left to right?

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

16 minutes ago, Typho said:

But I have realized that when starting my computer if I unplug VGA-DVI and plug it back after computer is on my main monitor won't get those green flickering bars.

Components:

Download CPU-Z and launch it. Wait a few minutes to collect system information and then when it is launched screenshot the CPU tab and The GPU/Display tab and post it here.

18 minutes ago, DND said:

are the flickering bars vertical bars that are color red then goes from left to right?

I'll take a picture ;)

I'll take a picture ;)

Okay thanks.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

12 minutes ago, DND said:

Okay thanks.

here :P

Btw a lot of power cuts here :c 

Flickering screen 2.jpg

Flickering screen.jpg

here :P

Btw a lot of power cuts here :c 

Flickering screen 2.jpg

Flickering screen.jpg

Edit: Did you try using other cables or using other ports of your gpu?

Spoiler

Just now, DND said:

1 minute ago, VinZie said:

It's stated on the First post of the TS.

Spoiler

Just now, DND said:

It's stated on the First post of the TS.

I see. It could be his GPU. Are you overclocking?

4 minutes ago, DND said:

Edit: Did you try using other cables or using other ports of your gpu?

Nope, but going to try to use different HDMI.

I could try using VGA on my main monitor. 

I see. It could be his GPU. Are you overclocking?

Well  I  have adjusted clock things on GPUTweak ( didn't really understand that time) but only when gaming. Now I have used these kinds of settings. or 900Mhz.

GPU settings.png

1 minute ago, Typho said:

Yes try using the each ports of the gpu if there is a cable available for that port or try using the motherboard port if there is no problem while using the motherboard's port most likely the problem is the gpu. Does that really happens when you watch videos? How about on games do you encounter this problem?

Spoiler

Just now, DND said:

Yes try using the each ports of the gpu if there is a cable available for that port or try using the motherboard port if there is no problem while using the motherboard's port most likely the problem is the gpu. Does that really happens when you watch videos? How about on games do you encounter this problem?

Only videos. Flash videos like on Youtube and HTML5 videos on Kissanime. No problems in gaming at all :/

Oh forgot to say that audio works even though screen is like that.

6 minutes ago, Typho said:

What PSU do you have?

What PSU do you have?

I was wondering if it could be that PSU can't deliver enough power? Not sure but it was mentioned on the first post so Corsair CX500.

Just now, Typho said:

I was wondering if it could be that PSU can't deliver enough power? Not sure but it was mentioned on the first post so Corsair CX500.

RAM?

5 minutes ago, Typho said:

Only videos. Flash videos like on Youtube and HTML5 videos on Kissanime. No problems in gaming at all :/

Hmm. This is pretty confusing to troubleshoot because it has no problems in games while on videos it has. BTW just noticed now great siggy hahaha i really love hachiman's quotes especially the quote about nice girls hahah.

Spoiler

Now tried other HDMI and I can watch Youtube videos but it does that still on Kissanime... Will try to use different ports.

I will update if I see something changing :P

Just now, Typho said:

Now tried other HDMI and I can watch Youtube videos but it does that still on Kissanime... Will try to use different ports.

I will update if I see something changing :P

Okay!

3 minutes ago, VinZie said:

RAM?

Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz 

Used MSI Liveupdate and updated everything.(Bios, gpu drivers,) I also updated browser flash players (didn't work).

Now I don't get flickering screen anymore. I don't know if gpu drivers were bad and I honestly don't remember if they even were outdated. 

I want to give my thanks to you guys for thinking about the problem source ;) !