First ever pc build for gaming

Aerowind21

This is actually my first pc build Any advice or suggestion?

NZXT H440

Asus Z170 pro gaming

Intel Core 17 6700k

Corsair vengeance LPX 16 GB kit 2666mhz

Asus 970 Strix 4GD5

Samsung 850 pro 256 GB (For boot drive)

WD Black 2TB

Seasonic G 750

Corsair H110i GTX

Please give advice or suggestion for this -_-

Budget and location?

I5 4470     -     Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo    -    Asus Strix GTX960    -    12Gb ram    -    Adata SP600 128Gb    -    Seagate 2Tb    -    AsRock Fatal1ty B85 Killer    -    Seasonic M12II EVO 520        

IN WIN 703    -     Dell P2414H    -    LG Flatron M197WDP    -    CMSTORM Quickfire XT with MX blue's    -    Logitech  G502

"To finish first, you first have to finish"

Indonesia with budget of approx. 2700 USD

but in Indonesia the price of the component is more expensive than in the US

I'd probably go Skylake Xeon before spending 400 on a 6700k. (depending on how easy those are to get there). 

I'd say

1. Get the R9 390 instead of the 970

2. Swap the i7 for i5 6600K and see if you can get the GTX 980

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

2 minutes ago, GarnetDevil said:

I'd say

wouldnt he be better off with a Haswell Refresh on LGA 1150? the 6000 series is pretty overpriced

Just now, Mkander99 said:

wouldnt he be better off with a Haswell Refresh on LGA 1150? the 6000 series is pretty overpriced

Well that can work, although if he returns to HR I suggest him get the Xeon instead

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

I would suggest a haswell i5 if it's just for gaming ,a 390 though I don't know how the price compares to nvidia cards. You can probably do better if you save some money on the CPU. LTT seems to have a pretty big Indonesian audience for some reason. Is a lot of English spoken there? You probably don't need a 750w power supply.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

8 minutes ago, GarnetDevil said:

I'd say

The price gap from the 970 to 980 is too far 

the reseller i go doesn't have the r9 390

Just now, Aerowind21 said:

The price gap from the 970 to 980 is too far 

the reseller i go doesn't have the r9 390

Anywhere else have the 390?

The 970 isn't all bad, but the 390 is a bit better, just saying

#Gadget: 

it's very hard to get one.

This reseller is pretty much the most extensive shop in my town

The other doesn't even have a GPU on sale

i found one r9 290 but the brand i not familiar with

'power colour'?

Just now, Aerowind21 said:

i found one r9 290 but the brand i not familiar with

'power colour'?

Yeah, the brand's name is Powercolor. Their PCS+ versions of the R9 series are actually pretty good, but I don't think it would be worth it to get one over a GTX 970. A R9 390 could be worth it, though.

i actually found one r9 390

Powercolor r9 390 8GD5 PCS+

it is cheaper than the 970

16 hours ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

I would suggest a haswell i5 if it's just for gaming ,a 390 though I don't know how the price compares to nvidia cards. You can probably do better if you save some money on the CPU. LTT seems to have a pretty big Indonesian audience for some reason. Is a lot of English spoken there? You probably don't need a 750w power supply.

No. only few people can talk proper english. some maybe can understand english but still few..

My self included because i spent most of my time in the net and games. but i sometime still messed up

The Powercolor R9 390 is about 60 USD cheaper

How powerful the power supply should be?

6 hours ago, Aerowind21 said:

No. only few people can talk proper english. some maybe can understand english but still few..

My self included because i spent most of my time in the net and games. but i sometime still messed up

The Powercolor R9 390 is about 60 USD cheaper

How powerful the power supply should be?

If the 390 is cheaper and not a reference card, go for it. The PCS+ cooler is a really good one.

PSU doesn't have to be more than 500w though if you see a good deal on a higher one it can't really hurt. Try for a quality one, though. Before you buy one look it up on JohnnyGuru to see if he has done a review on it.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.