New 1080p Display - Black Bars Problem / No Fullscreen

CharlieWaflesBR

Hey. The 1080p monitor in question would be an LG23MP65 IPS. I used to use a 32 inch 1080p TV before I got this monitor and the image fit the screen perfectly, that's why it's so weird. There are black bars on both sides of the screen and at the top as well. Before you guys say anything, I have tried messing with the overscan settings in the Nvidia CP and it DOES NOT work. The monitor itself has an overscan setting but when I turn it on it overscans just fine, problem is those damned black bars are still there. It's almost like it has a weird resolution of its own, except I'm 110% sure it's got a native 1080p screen, it's on LG's website and everything. I'm on Windows 10 and running Nvidia's latest drivers on a GTX 970, if that helps.

I'd really appreciate some help guys, this is driving me nuts.

Cheers.

I know you're going to hate the answer but it's an overscan problem. Use a different cable or start messing with settings.

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I know you're going to hate the answer but it's an overscan problem. Use a different cable or start messing with settings.

The problem is that when the Display is completely off, I can still see the black bars as if it was on. It's really weird. It's almost like it's something solid, like a part of the tv itself. Here are a couple of pictures: http://imgur.com/a/AzwYS

oh, lol we got the same display it's not a problem of your hardware ... the monitor is builded like that you can't turn them off ... sry man i got the same feeling when my monitor arrived

4 minutes ago, piromane666 said:

oh, lol we got the same display it's not a problem of your hardware ... the monitor is builded like that you can't turn them off ... sry man i got the same feeling when my monitor arrived

No way, really? It's so distracting. If you look at a the promotional material for the display it shows the image fitting the screen perfectly.

Just now, CharlieWaflesBR said:

No way, really? It's so distracting. If you look at a the promotional material for the display it shows the image fitting the screen perfectly.

i know ... i looked for a monitor with slim basels for 1 week before i found this .... and on the site the monitor seemed great ... not the case ...

14 minutes ago, CharlieWaflesBR said:

The problem is that when the Display is completely off, I can still see the black bars as if it was on. It's really weird. It's almost like it's something solid, like a part of the tv itself. Here are a couple of pictures: http://imgur.com/a/AzwYS

As I said, try a different cable for the monitor. See how that works.

1 minute ago, CharlieWaflesBR said:

Uhh... no... they are supposed to have the entire screen filled, not cut off.

13 minutes ago, piromane666 said:

i know ... i looked for a monitor with slim basels for 1 week before i found this .... and on the site the monitor seemed great ... not the case ...

That's so annoying. I'm looking at a couple of YouTube videos right now and they all seem to have the same issue, if it even is an actual issue. Why wouldn't they just cover those bars in plastic like most displays? It's 10 times more distracting as it is...

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

As I said, try a different cable for the monitor. See how that works.

Uhh... no... they are supposed to have the entire screen filled, not cut off.

I think this one might be the exception.