Need help find a replacement for the Razer Deathadder 1800dpi!

Hi forum, I’m in need of a new mouse!

So back when I started gaming I got myself an 1800dpi Razer deathadder (Best mouse EVER), and after I found it hidden at my parents’ house I felt the need to get that feeling while using a mouse again. This mouse has a break somewhere in the cable so it keeps losing “connection”.

I've been going through a few mice now and the one that I’m using now is a 4 year old Qpad 5k mouse that I use 900 dpi on, but there is a problem I notice when I play different games that the sensor/laser whatever isn't accurate and can jump from time to time, I've tried the mouse on 2 different cloth, 1 hard-pad and my table and it’s the same on all of them.

I’ve earlier used (From first to last):

·         Logitech MX518 (I’ve had 2 which died on me, and I still have one tucked away somewhere)

·         Razer Deathadder 1800 dpi (1gen I think?)

·         Steelseries Xai (My cat liked that cable really well!)

·         Steelseries Ikari Optical + Laser (Didn’t like the feeling of the mouse and that it’s slept so easily out of my hand…)

·         Qpad 5k (1gen)

As you can see on the list I've tried a bit of everything and I found myself loving the feeling of the Qpad 5k but the sensor not being accurate at low DPI is really annoying. Also the 1800dpi Razer deathadder always felt like it was a bit too cheap on the quality side and wasn't that easy to play with for long play sessions because of that.

The mouse that I want must have something close to this layout:

post-5148-0-12181300-1378877054.jpg

This mouse have the perfect layout without the stupid +/- when it comes to the dpi.

When it comes to maybe having a designated sniper button wouldn't hurt.

I mostly play FPS and at a really low dpi (900 dpi+/- @ 1000hz). I want the mouse to feel sturdy and have a good build quality (Not like the Razer Deathadder) and maybe some good software.

So please, think about what mouse that would fit me the best. If you have the mouse tell me what you like and what you don’t like about it.

THANKS!

- crunzaty

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Get another Deathadder? If not G500s from Logitech. The Corsair M65 might also be another good choice.

Logitech G602, new Razer Deathadder? 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Get another Deathadder? If not G500s from Logitech.

To be honest i hate the new Deathadder as it doesn't work as well as the 1gen mouse did.

I will check out the G500s tho, but i hope the sensor is good ;)

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

To be honest i hate the new Deathadder as it doesn't work as well as the 1gen mouse did.

buy one off of ebay!!!!!!!!!!! They run around 35 bucks new! 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

It's a great sensor if I recall correctly it's the Avago ADNS-S9500 sensor.

Can you clarify what you mean by "it doesn't work as well as the 1gen mouse did".

Do you mean performance wise or what?

Zowie AM/FK/EVO. These are ambidextrous tho, so may may not like em if you are used to deathadder.
G400(s)

buy one off of ebay!!!!!!!!!!! They run around 35 bucks new! 

They are more like 60+ shipping. The 30 usd ones is the 3-button 1gen mouse ( i had the 3.5G mouse) ;)

Can you clarify what you mean by "it doesn't work as well as the 1gen mouse did".

Do you mean performance wise or what?

For me the higher dpi sensors tend to "jump" loads when playing at lower dpi. I can't play at 1000+ dpi it just doesn't work.

Zowie AM/FK/EVO. These are ambidextrous tho, so may may not like em if you are used to deathadder.

G400(s)

I will take a look at those ;)

- Just so you guys know, i do not want the new or old Razer deathadder mouse. 

I don't want to be rude but i said it in the topic that i want a mouse like the razer deathadder and with close to the same layout. when it comes with 5 buttons instead of 7 (+/- dpi makes no sense) I have been using a Qpad 5k for up-to 4 years now and the mouse is amazing but it's getting old and the sensor is as i said jumping, even when it's standing still :/

I'm thankful for all the people using their time to help me but i can't just say no 300 times in a post just because Razer likes making new mouses with "better" sensors that handles low dpi really bad :(

that handles low dpi really bad :(

Kidding?

I've been using deathadder with low dpi for years, like everybody else. What do you mean by handles bad.

Kidding?

I've been using deathadder with low dpi for years, like everybody else. What do you mean by handles bad.

It's jumpy. I don't really know how else to describe it :/

I have tested the new razer mouse and read a bunch that the sensor isn't that accurate and can be jumpy (the 2013 one).

Razer Taipan.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It's jumpy. I don't really know how else to describe it :/

I have tested the new razer mouse and read a bunch that the sensor isn't that accurate and can be jumpy (the 2013 one).

Agreed i tried out the 2013 DA compared to the DA 3G/3.5G and it feels like the DA 2013 is jumpy also, i much prefer the original Deathadders.

On ebay they have replacement cables for the Deathadder that you could switch out.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=razer+deathadder&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC1.A0.Xrazer+deathadder+cable&_nkw=razer+deathadder+cable&_sacat=0

Agreed i tried out the 2013 DA compared to the DA 3G/3.5G and it feels like the DA 2013 is jumpy also, i much prefer the original Deathadders.

On ebay they have replacement cables for the Deathadder that you could switch out.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=razer+deathadder&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC1.A0.Xrazer+deathadder+cable&_nkw=razer+deathadder+cable&_sacat=0

Are they any good? And does the cable work for the 3.5G mouse? ;)

Razer Taipan.

Thanks for the tip! :D

I personally didnt like the the DA 2013 at all, the rubberized finished was nicer imo on the DA 3G/3.5G compared to the new plastic texture on the DA 2013.

The connectors on both look physically the same it should work, but on the ebay listing it says to send a message to the seller requesting which version cable,  they most likely will have both versions in stock though.  I ordered a cable from them and asked for the 3.5G cable and it worked great.

I personally didnt like the the DA 2013 at all, the rubberized finished was nicer imo on the DA 3G/3.5G compared to the new plastic texture on the DA 2013.

The connectors on both look physically the same it should work, but on the ebay listing it says to send a message to the seller requesting which version cable,  they most likely will have both versions in stock though.  I ordered a cable from them and asked for the 3.5G cable and it worked great.

I will look at this! ;) I just hope that it is the cable that is the fault of it not working (I would guess it is because the cable quality is really bad).

Yeah i agree about the rubberized finish on the 3.5g is pretty bad but the sensor is so good it's hard to say anything bad about it :o

Do you know of any other mice that has really good low-dpi sensors? ;)

Yes the Razer Taipan is good. It has a very nice braided cable and the mouse quality is probably the best you can find even if it's plastic it is a really high quality plastic. I have had no problems with the mouse at all other then if you get dust near one of the sensors the mouse can play up a bit but all you need to do is brush it away. I live in a very dusty country with lots of static around so this is probably why.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard