2nd monitor not showing up on startup

Incredaboy59

So my main monitor is the Asus ROG swift pg279q i have it set up with the display port (1440p) and my 2nd monitor is the asus mx279h(1080p) which i have the HDMI on it. When I boot up my PC the 2nd monitor (mx279h) never shows up I have to unplug/plug the HDMI on my pc for it to show up. All was good for about a week until recently. Just wondering if anyone  knows anything about this.

It may be a compatibility issue/HDMI bugging out issue. I believe, this issue is common with HDMI and you should be able to find it on a sub reddit somewhere. I personally had this issue, I just never got around to solving it.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

3 hours ago, Incredaboy59 said:

So my main monitor is the Asus ROG swift pg279q i have it set up with the display port (1440p) and my 2nd monitor is the asus mx279h(1080p) which i have the HDMI on it. When I boot up my PC the 2nd monitor (mx279h) never shows up I have to unplug/plug the HDMI on my pc for it to show up. All was good for about a week until recently. Just wondering if anyone  knows anything about this.

Graphics card I assume for both connections? 

I had actually the same problem only with my main monitor.

I have a VE278Q connected with HDMI and a crappy monitor with VGA, everytime i booted up my system my main HDMI monitor wouldnt show any reaction/input while the second monitor did noticed a input.

Luckly enough i had already bought Displayport cable's since im planning to upgrade my monitors, replaced the HDMI with DP and this did fix it.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

Sadly my 2nd monitor doesn't support Display port only has dual HDMI and 1 VGA :(