EVGA GTX980ti or HYBRID?

RRGT19

06G-P4-4992-KR_MD_1.jpg

06G-P4-1996-KR_MD_1.jpg

Which is better?, the liquid cooling really worth it?.

Right now they are almost at the same price on amazon.

If they are the same price and you have the space for the rad go for the hybrid. 

It Kind of depends. If they are almost the same price like within 50 dollars of eachother get the hybrid because its hard to go wrong with liquid cooling (unless it blows up on you for some reason). It will stay cooler than the blower style.

if they are really same price, you should definetlly buy the water one

First one is reference, low clock speeds

Go for hybrid if they are the same price

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

go with the hybrid if they are within 50 to 100 dollars of each other as it will high a higher overclock potential and will be quieter under full load 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

6 minutes ago, RGT said:

06G-P4-4992-KR_MD_1.jpg

06G-P4-1996-KR_MD_1.jpg

if its the reference, get the watercooled one. #nobodygottimeforhightemperatures

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

11 minutes ago, RGT said:

06G-P4-4992-KR_MD_1.jpg

06G-P4-1996-KR_MD_1.jpg

Hybrid will likely perform better. Just make sure you have room for it.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

2 hours ago, App4that said:

Go for the Hybrid, if you don't like the looks EVGA has a replacement shroud with a LED logo.

I believe newer units are already shipping with the new shroud.

In addition to previous answers - reference cards are pretty potato, running hot and/or loud and giving quite lower performance than ones with better coolers (and preferably better PCBs). Reference ones do have a nice look (would be better if they had backplate as well), I have to admit, but I still went for 980Ti Classified myself, just to get the nicer performance and temperature numbers.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

1 minute ago, jj9987 said:

In addition to previous answers - reference cards are pretty potato, running hot and/or loud and giving quite lower performance than ones with better coolers (and preferably better PCBs). Reference ones do have a nice look (would be better if they had backplate as well), I have to admit, but I still went for 980Ti Classified myself, just to get the nicer performance and temperature numbers.

Nope, just got mine and still the non LED shroud. Though the newer Hybrids tend to have Samsung memory.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

32 minutes ago, App4that said:

Nope, just got mine and still the non LED shroud. Though the newer Hybrids tend to have Samsung memory.

35 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

i have read on evga's website that you can request a free new shroud led with just your invoice of purchase.

1 minute ago, RGT said:

i have read on evga's website that you can request a free new shroud led with just your invoice of purchase.

Here that ended. I paid 30 bucks for mine and it was worth every penny.

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

Here that ended. I paid 30 bucks for mine and it was worth every penny.

I have my doubts, can you upload some photos please?.

I don't know yet if the Hybrid worth the extra cost.

Just now, RGT said:

I have my doubts, can you upload some photos please?.

I don't know yet if the Hybrid worth the extra cost.

Spoiler

56ca2c70eaf31_hybrid3.thumb.jpg.1a4ba8a1

Spoiler

56ca2c9c7c1fb_hybrid4.thumb.jpg.b10f2041

Spoiler

56ca2cd19d23d_hybrid2.thumb.jpg.1a92d4b1

7 minutes ago, App4that said:
  Hide contents

56ca2c70eaf31_hybrid3.thumb.jpg.1a4ba8a1

Hide contents

56ca2c9c7c1fb_hybrid4.thumb.jpg.b10f2041

Hide contents

56ca2cd19d23d_hybrid2.thumb.jpg.1a92d4b1

a bad thing for me is that the new look doesn't say the model of the GPU, anyone can think that you have a 980 installed.

:( bad for evga, whyyyyyy

Just now, RGT said:

a bad thing for me is that the new look doesn't say the model of the GPU, anyone can think that you have a 980 installed.

:( bad for evga, whyyyyyy

Doesn't bother me as I know what it is xD and the kit fits the 980ti and Titan X. So you could tell people you have a Titan X and they'd never know xD

Just now, App4that said:

Doesn't bother me as I know what it is xD and the kit fits the 980ti and Titan X. So you could tell people you have a Titan X and they'd never know xD

i have read that a lot of people are having trouble with the pump, they say that it's noisy, is it true?.

can you adjust the speed of the pump and the fan or not?.

oh godd what a hard decision for me........damnnn

3 minutes ago, RGT said:

i have read that a lot of people are having trouble with the pump, they say that it's noisy, is it true?.

can you adjust the speed of the pump and the fan or not?.

oh godd what a hard decision for me........damnnn

It's NOT noisy. The stock fan on the radiator is a little loud but I replaced that immediately. As a reference at idle my Hybrid is slightly louder than my 290 Vapor X, but at full load the Hybrid is silent compared to any card I've ever had. So the Hybrid has the same noise level at all times.

Hopefully this helps. My Hybrid boosts on its own to 1366mhz, and overclocks to 1500mhz on the core. The memory is Samsung and overclocks to over 8000mhz. At 87mv added and running 110% on the voltage at max load the highest temp I have ever recorded was 57c. On average under full load gaming I hit 50c. I idle at ambient temperature.

Just now, App4that said:

It's NOT noisy. The stock fan on the radiator is a little loud but I replaced that immediately. As a reference at idle my Hybrid is slightly louder than my 290 Vapor X, but at full load the Hybrid is silent compared to any card I've ever had. So the Hybrid has the same noise level at all times.

Hopefully this helps. My Hybrid boosts on its own to 1366mhz, and overclocks to 1500mhz on the core. The memory is Samsung and overclocks to over 8000mhz. At 87mv added and running 110% on the voltage at max load the highest temp I have ever recorded was 57c. On average under full load gaming I hit 50c. I idle at ambient temperature.

ahh that is good.

1. Well, the backplate is included so, with that in head, both GPU's are at the same price, exactly.

2. Second, i don't know anything about overclock a GPU, is it hard, do i need to change a lot of things?...

3. have you seen a noticiable improve with your GPU overcloked?.

about the stock fan, i will buy a corsair sp120 pwm quiet edition for the radiator.

Just now, RGT said:

ahh that is good.

1. Well, the backplate is included so, with that in head, both GPU's are at the same price, exactly.

2. Second, i don't know anything about overclock a GPU, is it hard, do i need to change a lot of things?...

3. have you seen a noticiable improve with your GPU overcloked?.

about the stock fan, i will buy a corsair sp120 pwm quiet edition for the radiator.

2. For the most part with a 980ti you won't have to, I play all my games at the stock boost speed of 1366mhz and that's in 1440. But if want the exra power just use PrecisionX or Afterburner, very easy to do.

3. Depend on why you're dropping frames. If it's dra call related no clock speed helps, in other areas you get a big boost in fps, over 10 in every game I play reference speed when compared to where I boost to.

That fan would work great.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

2. For the most part with a 980ti you won't have to, I play all my games at the stock boost speed of 1366mhz and that's in 1440. But if want the exra power just use PrecisionX or Afterburner, very easy to do.

3. Depend on why you're dropping frames. If it's dra call related no clock speed helps, in other areas you get a big boost in fps, over 10 in every game I play reference speed when compared to where I boost to.

That fan would work great.

ok, i have saw videos of this hybrid and i like it, it keeps 50 degrees.

but, the thing that keeps me away is that it doesn't have the green led ...

goddd why evga whyyyyyyyyy

WHY YOU REMOVE THE GREEN LED, or THE MODEL OF THE CARD WHYYYYYYY

Just now, RGT said:

ok, i have saw videos of this hybrid and i like it, it keeps 50 degrees.

but, the thing that keeps me away is that it doesn't have the green led ...

goddd why evga whyyyyyyyyy

WHY YOU REMOVE THE GREEN LED, or THE MODEL OF THE CARD WHYYYYYYY

xD just stick some clear green thin plastic between the shroud and LED lens. solved ;)