Looking for wifi suggestions.

GordosTacoShop
Go to solution Solved by techguru,
3 minutes ago, GordosTacoShop said:

Honestly, the wiring here is pretty god awful.   I did have a thought though... does ethernet (like cat6) handle being outside well?  I live in an attic apt and can run wiring on the outside, but will I get some serious interference from the elements?  

no..just run the ethenet in a metal conduit

HT1r0poFHXbXXagOFbXe.jpg

can buy stuff like this at home depot

I'm currently using one of those panda usb wifi (n150) dongles for my pc, but the connection is so spotty, and at most I get around 6Mbps down.  I'm looking for something a bit beefier, such as a PCIE ac wifi card with antennae.  Anyone know of a good one?  Would I be fine just getting a wifi AC dongle instead?  (Like this)

I recently bought a new router, TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750, and my pc is on the opposite end of the house. (15m)  Is a pcie card my best option?  

My down speed is around 70Mbps via ethernet, but hard line is not an option anymore. :(

Thanks guys!

Just now, GordosTacoShop said:

I'm currently using one of those panda usb wifi (n150) dongles for my pc, but the connection is so spotty, and at most I get around 6Mbps down.  I'm looking for something a bit beefier, such as a PCIE ac wifi card with antennae.  Anyone know of a good one?  Would I be fine just getting a wifi AC dongle instead?  (Like this)

I recently bought a new router, TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750, and my pc is on the opposite end of the house. (15m)  Is a pcie card my best option?  

My down speed is around 70Mbps via ethernet, but hard line is not an option anymore. :(

Thanks guys!

budget?

also..if its a desktop...find a way to wire it

can use powerline adapters or moca adapters if you need to

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Just now, techguru said:

budget?

also..if its a desktop...find a way to wire it

can use powerline adapters or moca adapters if you need to

~$50USD.

Powerline adapters are viable now?  I used them around 10 years ago and was really disappointed.  

1 minute ago, GordosTacoShop said:

~$50USD.

Powerline adapters are viable now?  I used them around 10 years ago and was really disappointed.  

powerline ..if you have good modern copper wiring are really good..I would try them first..before going wireless

2 minutes ago, techguru said:

powerline ..if you have good modern copper wiring are really good

Honestly, the wiring here is pretty god awful.   I did have a thought though... does ethernet (like cat6) handle being outside well?  I live in an attic apt and can run wiring on the outside, but will I get some serious interference from the elements?  

3 minutes ago, GordosTacoShop said:

HT1r0poFHXbXXagOFbXe.jpg

can buy stuff like this at home depot

1 minute ago, techguru said:

Thanks for the info.