Sub zero cooled, AND,Sub zero

When i'm bored i usualy come up with the crazyest of ideas, and this one was just crazy enough that it MIGHT just work.

If one wants to SERIOSLY overclock a CPU, one usualy ends up with sub zerp cooling, i am referring to refigirator compressors ect.
but the biggest problem is condensaition ect, once you cool something below zero ice builds up and makes a WHOLE lot of problems.,

BUT what if one would submerge the PC in mineral oil, AND cool the CPU to sub zero, ??

yes one would have to find an oil that would not become to viscous in the lower temperatures, ect ect, but one would solve the problem with condensation,
just curious, anybody ever tried this?.,

case.jpeg

the oil would be above zero

so it would cause the CPU to heat up even more, making the phase change cooling less effective

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Well in theory it will work. But you need to seal the oil container (problem with cables) and you need a LOT of energy to cool down the oil especially when the PC is duping > 500 watts into the oil.

I will stick to my "above zero" but passive cooled oil PC.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

I'm no expert, but i belive there are multi phase systems,
or just "go big or go home", costum built phase change cooling, INDUSTRIAL power.,

in the end LOL, computer uses 1000-1500w, and the cooling system is 5KW..

12 minutes ago, mx said:

this one was just crazy enough that it MIGHT just work.

When people say this, it does not work. What would even be the point?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.