Monitor started fuzzing up after going to fullscreen

I wasn't sure if it was my GPU causing this or my monitor itself. I opened an application that started in a window, and put it in full-screen mode, and now there is a 'snowy' fuzzy effect on my entire screen. I tried restarting my computer several times. I even restarted my gpu, and one time I was able to make the fuzzy effect look a little different, but after resetting my GPU several more times, it just went back to the effect it was on originally. I lastly unplugged my monitor to see if that would help...

Anyone know how to fix this? To go into more detail, the fuzzy effect is... the normal image, but duplicated, and shifted to the right about 20 pixels, and its just a bunch of horizontal lines that look like they are falling down the screen.

So to summarize the events. I went into full-screen, it got blurry, then I went out of full-screen, and it stayed blurry.

sounds like a driver crash, so reinstall the drivers to see if that'll fix it.

Please list your monitor, gpu and the interface you're using to connect the monitor

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I reinstalled my graphics driver and even restarted my computer again. Still the same :/

5 hours ago, Clear17Mud said:

sounds like a driver crash, so reinstall the drivers to see if that'll fix it.

This didn't fix it, unless I didn't reinstall successfully.

I switched out the display port cable that I was currently using for a HDMI cable I found to see if that made any difference. It seemed to fix it, but I still don't know why my screen would all of a sudden start to fuzz up when I went into full screen mode. I hope I can find out why and switch back to my display port cable, because for some reason it does not give me a display mode for 144hz, since my monitor has a 144hz refresh rate.

Both the display port and HDMI were/are connected to ports on my graphics card.