1080p 144 hz or 2k 60hz?

pcgamer2599

I know there are tons of post out there but I'm seeing very vague answers so I'm going to specify what I want and you lovely people can help me out because I honestly dont know whats better. Now I love playing CSGO I like taking it seriously but I dont want to buy a monitor based around 1 game. So what I'm looking for is great picture quality and really good graphics that will emerge me into the new titles out there. I want a very beautiful picture is what I'm getting at well the best picture you guys can find for 400-500 dollars (USD). I'm assuming I want to go for higher resolution but I dont know. My computer will have no problem running 144 hz at 1080p. So thank you guys I really appreciate it and have a nice day!

PS. if there is a really good 4k monitor out there in my price range and you think 2 msi gtx 970's can run 60 frames on it I could also do that

Definitely the 1440p 60hz monitor. Unless you're REALLY serious about csgo then this is the obvious choice. another thing to consider is if your gpu is even capable enough to get 144 fps in games other than csgo? And 60hz is enough for everything (keep in mind tho - ENOUGH)

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Obviously 1080p 144hz. Huge difference. I had to make this choice as well and i bought a good IPS 1440p monitor but really didn't feel like anything was too different and so i switched to 1080p 144hz and there is a noticeable difference to 1080p 60hz in most all tasks. You can even get a 144hz 1080p g-sync / free-sync display for the price of a 1440p 60hz panel which would be another major bonus.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Why not best of both worlds? The Acer XG270HU is 1440p 144hz and fits your budget?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

1080p 144hz, playing video games and experiencing them at frame rates above 60 is euphoric... Plus it greatly improves your aiming skills assuming your have about 100 fps or more.

3 hours ago, pcgamer2599 said:

I know there are tons of post out there but I'm seeing very vague answers so I'm going to specify what I want and you lovely people can help me out because I honestly dont know whats better. Now I love playing CSGO I like taking it seriously but I dont want to buy a monitor based around 1 game. So what I'm looking for is great picture quality and really good graphics that will emerge me into the new titles out there. I want a very beautiful picture is what I'm getting at well the best picture you guys can find for 400-500 dollars (USD). I'm assuming I want to go for higher resolution but I dont know. My computer will have no problem running 144 hz at 1080p. So thank you guys I really appreciate it and have a nice day!

PS. if there is a really good 4k monitor out there in my price range and you think 2 msi gtx 970's can run 60 frames on it I could also do that

2K means 1080p, 2.5K is the name for 1440p. As for the question, I'd go with 1440p, you can get a nice IPS monitor in that price range. With 144Hz 1080p, the only options are TN.

Getting so many mixed results and i guess the 2k wasnt right its 1440p. So whats better a TN or IPS panel? 

QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution II Multi TRUE10 Matte 27-Inch 2560x1440 AH-VA Panel DVI HDMI Monitor

and what about this monitor? Can be overclocked to a higher hz and its cheap and 1440p. Could be crap let me know

update. Just looked at TN vs IPS and it looks like IPS is what I'm looking for with better color but with that said I'm playing on a TV right now and by no means is it newer still hooked up with HDMI but isnt even a monitor so if you think TN will look way better than what I have then let me know that too. Thanks for all the responses!

On 2/19/2016 at 4:03 PM, That Norwegian Guy said:

Why not best of both worlds? The Acer XG270HU is 1440p 144hz and fits your budget?

I did actually see this and forgot about it. I need to see what the best panels are though. Thanks for the suggestion! 

Xl2340t is Benq 144hz with a good picture quality but I'm sure you can find 1440hz ISP for your budget and that's what you should get :)

I would recommend 144Hz to only those who play less demanding games such as Dota, LoL or CS:GO. 

Lirik (twitch streamer) said going from 1080p to 1440p was night and day for him in terms of picture quality. 

In case there is not a 1440Hz IPS 60Hz for your budget, you could get 144Hz 1080p as your last option.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

5 hours ago, pcgamer2599 said:

I did actually see this and forgot about it. I need to see what the best panels are though. Thanks for the suggestion! 

Well I have it myself and I wouldn't recommend it if I was unhappy with it. No dead pixels or edge bleeds, and the panel is fine. It's about as good as you can expect from a TN panel.

Response time and input lag wise it's up there with the best as well. The sharpness of 1440p at 144hz with Freesync has been a religious experience for me since I got it. Amazing for Rocket League (my most played game ATM)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

On 2/22/2016 at 5:10 AM, That Norwegian Guy said:

Well I have it myself and I wouldn't recommend it if I was unhappy with it. No dead pixels or edge bleeds, and the panel is fine. It's about as good as you can expect from a TN panel.

Response time and input lag wise it's up there with the best as well. The sharpness of 1440p at 144hz with Freesync has been a religious experience for me since I got it. Amazing for Rocket League (my most played game ATM)

Have you played any newer titles and if so how good do they look?