Fun co-op games PC over lan?

Tiber1337

Besides Portal 2, what fun games over lan can you recommend for me and my girlfriend, mostly co-op? Old games are fine too, we play emulated NES as well.

Rainbow Six Siege is fun over LAN if you have enough people. Played it a a 10 person LAN party and it was a lot of fun. CIV 5 is also great for small LAN games because you can add in AI to make the game more interesting. 

Sven coop

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

halo? minecraft? Runescape?

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

cs 1.6, quake/unreal tournament, starcraft, wc3, CoD, HALO, HL Deathmatch, cry of fear

screencheat :P

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

i'll go trough my list of games that do co-op, in a way i enjoy myself:

- mount your friends

- civilization (V, but i guess all others are similar)

- viscera cleanup detail

- trackmania

- OpenTTD

- worms revolution

- anno 1404 (i've looked at other anno's, this one still seems the most enjoyable by far)

- age of empires II (has all AoE needs, and runs on a toaster)

- farming simulator 15

- KSP with dark multiplayer mod is very promising, but glitchy at times.

- FSX's online support is a disaster

- Gmod, even if you're just goofing off with the "physics" engine

- minecraft, could look into some modpacks if you're both that kind of person.

EDIT: should add, i deem KSP with dark multiplayer mod a more reliable multiplayer flight experience than FSX...

59 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'll go trough my list of games that do co-op, in a way i enjoy myself:

- mount your friends

- civilization (V, but i guess all others are similar)

- viscera cleanup detail

- trackmania

- OpenTTD

- worms revolution

- anno 1404 (i've looked at other anno's, this one still seems the most enjoyable by far)

- age of empires II (has all AoE needs, and runs on a toaster)

- farming simulator 15

- KSP with dark multiplayer mod is very promising, but glitchy at times.

- FSX's online support is a disaster

- Gmod, even if you're just goofing off with the "physics" engine

- minecraft, could look into some modpacks if you're both that kind of person.

EDIT: should add, i deem KSP with dark multiplayer mod a more reliable multiplayer flight experience than FSX...

Speaking of OpenTTD

theirs now OpenRCT2

I'm not sure if these can be played over the WAN or not, but here are some co-op games my wife and I play using Steam's Big Picture Mode and 2 Logitech wireless controllers:

Any LEGO game.

Magicka

Monaco

Octodad

The Yawhg

-KuJoe

trine 2

broforce

dark souls 2

synergy (half life 2 co op mod)

Fractal Design Core 2500 i7 4770k GA-Z87X-UD5H Cooler Master Hyper D92 Kingston HyperX 8GB  Powercolor r9 390 PCS+ Antec HCG-620M