The Official GTA V Map?

EDIT: Posted earlier on Reddit by someone it appears to be the legit map of upcoming GTA V. It's HUGE! Must say I'm quite excited hopefully we will see it come to PC some time int the Q1/Q2 2014 :) As it turns out the signs of the map on Reddit have been removed making it suspicious and most likely because of the fact that it was real... shame all of the tech and game sites already have news on it everywhere xD

Source: LINK

Only link that survived from my previous list is this one showning the size of the bridge compared to the size of it on the map: http://imgur.com/a/gaxht/all

I also found this video giving you the best idea of how big the map is:

Country area looks bigger than the original, but city looks kinda smaller.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Country area looks bigger than the original, but city looks kinda smaller.

If you look on int the "EDIT:" part of my first post it shows how the city area is slightly larger that the whole GTA IV map. That just gives you an idea on how enormous the map actually is :)

If you look on int the "EDIT:" part of my first post it shows how the city area is slightly larger that the whole GTA IV map. That just gives you an idea on how enormous the map actually is :)

Jesus...

One day... GTA X (Final Fantasies' lost cousin) will have the entire US. And XX will have the world. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

But the street lines are so thick compared to the gta iv map and iv looks to have a lot more streets. So I don't believe that V is bigger than IV..... UNLESS.... there are a lot more streets than the image is showing us.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

But the street lines are so thick compared to the gta iv map and iv looks to have a lot more streets. So I don't believe that V is bigger than IV..... UNLESS.... there are a lot more streets than the image is showing us.

I still want a legitimate sewer system to sneak around town in.

And I agree, the street lines are far thicker in V versus IV. I would say that the map is like 40% bigger in total and that the two are not to the same scale on the overlap.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I really hope the town part isn't as small as it shows in the map. I like the massive countryside but the town seems smaller than Liberty City. Even though there are some unofficial pictures showing the scale, just looking at the map seems like the town isn't that big. GTA IV had a lot more streets and looking at some of the points like the intersections of a highway, if the scaling is so much bigger than the map makes us believe, those intersections must be ridiculously big.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

Looks really small compared to Arma 3. Altis is quite a bit bigger. The land mass itself is 270Km squared. But the water in the game is also playable, underwater and on top of. I am sure there will be even bigger maps from Arma 3 in the future. Also I doubt there will be as much detail in GTA as there is in Arma 3 Altis. Altis is pretty much a complete recreation of an entire island, so much detail that it's ridiculous. No place on the map has been left untouched by something.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Looks really small compared to Arma 3. Altis is quite a bit bigger. The land mass itself is 270Km squared. But the water in the game is also playable, underwater and on top of. I am sure there will be even bigger maps from Arma 3 in the future.

Two very different games with different objectives can't really compare them but keep in mind this game is coming out for current gen consoles and to fit Arma III sized map onto GTA V would require multiple disks or a huge downloadable content so they have to compromise somewhere. It sure would be cool to have an insanely large map in the next GTA.

All the image links are down. :(

Is it this image? http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/gta-v-map.jpg

Found a user created terrain map of GTV V: http://sketchfab.com/show/6aee9e8f9120463ba15e277c369f48e7

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Yes it is, the fact that it's being pulled makes it a bit more likely they're right. Kinda weird how they're going with one island, one of the compelling elements with doing missions in GTA games is being able to unlock new areas to explore and massacre people in.

Two very different games with different objectives can't really compare them but keep in mind this game is coming out for current gen consoles and to fit Arma III sized map onto GTA V would require multiple disks or a huge downloadable content so they have to compromise somewhere. It sure would be cool to have an insanely large map in the next GTA.

Still it would have been very cool if they could have gotten the detail and size of Altis from Arma 3.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

And XX will have the world. 

Do a driveby near Linus Media Group HQ...

Now only this:

Waiting for PC edition...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Yes it is, the fact that it's being pulled makes it a bit more likely they're right. Kinda weird how they're going with one island, one of the compelling elements with doing missions in GTA games is being able to unlock new areas to explore and massacre people in.

Well San Andreas was only partially split in 2/3, but Rockstar still was able to lock us out of the areas.

yeah i agree and disagree with you i think that gta 4 probably has equal or a tad bit more city since its got more streets however in total land mass gta v is a lot bigger

That's a lot of hookers to murder.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

if its got some of the GTA:SA places I am so visiting that street where CJ lives in the beginning!

Exactly, i have that in mind too !

4690k==H105==Z97 Sniper G1== Ballistix Tracer 8GB==MSI GTX 1660 Ti== 1TB SB==MX100 128GB ==450D

Massive. And with all the diving aspects and shiz, this will be one hell of a feature packed game.

Why is there only one strip club? :P

Exactly, i have that in mind too !

I should try sneaking into Madd Dogg's mansion  :lol:.

damn, so exited 

this is a game ill be getting 100% completion like i did on Fallout series 

ill start preparing coffee from today so i have enough by the time it releases LOL  :D

PC Gaming forever...