#WTFU - Where's the Fair Use?

kyolight

a lot of my favorite content creators on YouTube have been posting videos like this.

My question is, how does the linus media group feel about this. Seeing as they got their start on YouTube

your thoughts on this topic.

Canada only has fair dealing not quite exactly the same as fair use in the states. It was updated recently to include things like (Education, parody, and satire) but generally in Canada it is more restrictive than in the states while being roughly the same. 

this is YouTube's general rules  copyright strikes can be claimed from companies internationally. They don't even have to be Canadian-based or anything they can also take monetization without proof . and if the copyright strike is to be found false. The company gets to keep the monetization from the videos without any repercussions.

True but Canadians may have trouble claiming anything given fair dealings rules are a bit more restrictive. If youtube copyright protection says so I think even under the updated rules you automatically lose any fair dealing rights in Canada. This obviously only really applies to Canada.

I understandand. I was looking at it as a whole. I know there's certain rules in Canada, but the deal is that YouTube is essentially allowing companies to steal. It would be like somebody walking up to Linus saying that his latest. Seven gamers one PC video was violating copyright infringement on YouTube, taking it down and taking any money that he.and giving it to the company that put forth the copyright strike. And I don't think it even has to be a legit company. 

Well fraud is bad obviously and Google should do more maybe a reverse copyright strike system where large channels like LMG can build up a buffer to protect them against random errors that instead of instantly forcing the video to switch over they can dispute it and only if they lose the dispute does it finally switch over and I guess they lose all positive buffer points if they lose. And if they run out of positive strikes from too many random errors or a lost dispute and go negative it reverts to the automatic existing method.

In this manner it would still be hard for people to copyright infringe on Youtube but large established non-copyright infringing channels can build up a buffer to protect them against automated strikes to some degree.

A lot of people have been having issues with YT and bullshit like this recently... More than usual anyways.

Channels being removed (IHE for example) or strikes...

Actually I've noticed that YT seems to have a lot of issues lately, like recommended videos being mostly paid-for click bait instead of the usual mix of click-bait oriented toward me and actual recommendations. Maybe YT red has had the effect of YT's system being more "large channel that pays us or gtfo" attitude. Maybe I'm shitposting at 4 in the morning. Who knows.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

people like jinx abuse fair use, some content creators abuse the copyright system because they're dumbasses and can't take criticism...

That's all I know about problems with fair use, I can't see the video because I'm on school wifi