I need help choosing a platform

OptimusSupreme1

My current setup sucks, and I am planning on upgrading. I don't know whether I should build a 5820k or 6700k based system, or wait for Zen/Kaby Lake? I would like to be able to play AAA games at 1080p and render/3d model for game design. I have a budget of about $2,500, but may be able to go a bit over if it means a significant increase in performance. I already have a case and cpu cooler(seidon 240m). Also, any advice on which parts I should get first is appreciated!

6 minutes ago, OptimusSupreme1 said:

My current setup sucks, and I am planning on upgrading. I don't know whether I should build a 5820k or 6700k based

the answer is always 5820K, otherwise what software are you using and are you doing it professionally?

And do you already have 4k displays? because this includes a 4K IPS free-sync display

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KG83qs
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KG83qs/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($374.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.44 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($253.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($69.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 Nano 4GB Video Card  ($484.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master N400 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($52.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 750W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: LG 27MC67-B 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($501.35 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1897.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-18 16:43 EST-0500

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

corsair vengeance c70.

I would need an OS, and I am good on peripherals. I have a generic 1080p monitor right now, but would get one with freesync/gsync depending on my choice of gpu (willing to wait for polaris/pascal)

3 minutes ago, OptimusSupreme1 said:

corsair vengeance c70.

I would need an OS, and I am good on peripherals. I have a generic 1080p monitor right now, but would get one with freesync/gsync depending on my choice of gpu (willing to wait for polaris/pascal)

Well then just grab a 390 now then, and save $200 there, a 4k G-sync IPC display costs $400 more than the free-sync stuff that's available, in my other post

and then you can just have 4k for the productivity, and 1080p for gaming so that you get playable frame rates

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-pg27aq

Although 32"+ is better for scaling and productivity

and then no need for a professional GPU anyways, plus the 390 will give you 8gbs of VRAM for the 3D modeling.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

4 minutes ago, OptimusSupreme1 said:

would it be better to wait for pascal?

Polaris will probably come first (I think it's scheduled for before back to school season but that may be mobile? while Pascal is Q3 or 4) and it looks gooooood. Maybe get a lower end card now (not low end, just not 980ti level) like a 380/390 with a freesync monitor then upgrade to an uber-high end card then. 

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.