Best gaming chair?

silver_tounge
Go to solution Solved by Scionyde,

I actually rather like my Maxnomic chair. I do think they're slightly overpriced, but I bought mine on Black Friday for $50 off, and so the $350 price tag seems about right for me. I don't know why people say they're not well built - the cushioning is harder than you might expect, but foam density is pretty important if you don't want it to flatten over time (learned that lesson with foam mattresses/toppers). So, unless the faux-leather cover is prone to flaking, I have no trouble seeing this thing hold up for quite some time.

Steelcase and Herman Miller are exceptional, no doubt, but they're also tremendously expensive. The Steelcase Leap and the HM Aeron are so pricey that I'm not sure why you'd try to compare them to something from DXRacer or Maxnomic - it'd almost be like comparing a 970 to a R9 Fury X.

For a while I was tempted to buy a used Aeron, but once you throw in the price for an aftermarket headrest (a must-needed feature IMO), the price was too much for my comfort. Now if my chair breaks down in a year, that'll be something to consider, but I've noticed nothing so far that would lead me to believe that.

Either way, the important thing is to try out your seat before you buy.

hey

What is the best mid range gaming based chair, such as dxracer or need for seat?

Just now, silver_tounge said:

hey

What is the best mid range gaming based chair, such as dxracer or need for seat?

I personally use an IKEA Markus chair. In my opinion much comfier that any of the DX Racers I've used and isn't fatiguing after a longer period of time!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20103101/#/30261152

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

The best chair is the one that makes your ass and back the most comfortable, not some overpriced chair with subpar comfort compared to a normal desk chair in its price range.

That translates to: go find an office store and test out their chairs until you find the one that's the most comfortable.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

None, Herman Miller Celle/Aeron/Embody

Humanscale Freedom

And other such GOOD chairs

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

None, Herman Miller Celle/Aeron/Embody

Humanscale Freedom

And other such GOOD chairs

Aaron chairs are amazing. have used one for many years, I have had one for about 9years? it has traveled from CA-LV-CO still looks new and feels greats, sadly I left it in CO at my rents house, I will be buying a new one as soon as I get my new place here in LA, Or even try to find a nice used on for a good price.

also I never understand what a "gaming" chair is... it is just 100% looks right?

21 minutes ago, TeeTruss said:

also I never understand what a "gaming" chair is... it is just 100% looks right?

basically its a shitty car racing seat, most are not comfy and not well built

they are better than $100 chairs from ikea and staples... but not worth the money they are IMO

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

59 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

basically its a shitty car racing seat, most are not comfy and not well built

they are better than $100 chairs from ikea and staples... but not worth the money they are IMO

That's the one thing I'm really disappointed in LTT for advertising :\ ah well, it seems like they aren't a sponsor anymore.

#SteelcaseLeapMasterrace

Maybe the best chair ever made.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

Maxnoimic Pro-Chief Total Black Edition
Maxnomic_Pro_Chief_TBE.png

Comfortable, all black, simple, sleek, elegant. Me Gusta.

There's no such thing as a "gaming chair".  You want the best task chair?

It's right here 

embodychair_header.jpg

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

11 hours ago, NeverNude said:

#SteelcaseLeapMasterrace

Maybe the best chair ever made.

its a very nice chair, not sure I would consider it the best ever made but its a good one

It's a very subjective question there.  So far I'm enjoying my DXracer Formula chair.  Have no issues doing long gaming sessions with no discomfort.  However that might not be right for you.  The best thing you can do is if you have a store that sells office chairs then go test a few of them out.  Either that or do a blind buy and hope it works out for you.

I actually rather like my Maxnomic chair. I do think they're slightly overpriced, but I bought mine on Black Friday for $50 off, and so the $350 price tag seems about right for me. I don't know why people say they're not well built - the cushioning is harder than you might expect, but foam density is pretty important if you don't want it to flatten over time (learned that lesson with foam mattresses/toppers). So, unless the faux-leather cover is prone to flaking, I have no trouble seeing this thing hold up for quite some time.

Steelcase and Herman Miller are exceptional, no doubt, but they're also tremendously expensive. The Steelcase Leap and the HM Aeron are so pricey that I'm not sure why you'd try to compare them to something from DXRacer or Maxnomic - it'd almost be like comparing a 970 to a R9 Fury X.

For a while I was tempted to buy a used Aeron, but once you throw in the price for an aftermarket headrest (a must-needed feature IMO), the price was too much for my comfort. Now if my chair breaks down in a year, that'll be something to consider, but I've noticed nothing so far that would lead me to believe that.

Either way, the important thing is to try out your seat before you buy.