Can i I5 4460 handle a GTX 970?

T-Aero

My Mother Board: GA-Z97M-D3H

And a I7 would be better ?Like 10 Fps better.

The i5 is enough, you wont get more FPS because the CPU (if you get a 4460) wont be a bottleneck it will all be up to your GPU.

But there's different graphics for each game. Some games are more CPU intensive, which would cause FPS to drop. 

I suggest the 4690k because once it becomes a bottleneck you can OC it. But you'll needa Z97 motherboard. 

Get a K chip when you can because the non-K chips are just throw away chips once they become too old. 

1 minute ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

It is perfectly fine, but why buy a locked CPU With a Z Series board?

Futures upgrades, and i don't find any H97 where i live :( Only B85's

1 minute ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

I reccomend buying the right thing once, saves more money.

But there's only B85's? Do it worth it?

The simplest answer is YES and i5 4460 can handle a GTX 970. I used an i5 2400 before moving to skylake and it too was able to handle it. 

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

B85 is fine. You won't be able to overclock on it if you were to get a k series chip though.

Howzabout a GA-B85M-D3PH

5 minutes ago, T-Aero said:

Futures upgrades, and i don't find any H97 where i live :( Only B85's

B85s are great value. Get your hands on a Gigabyte B85M-D3H and you're set. It supports crossfire, so you can get a 390x instead with the money you save (better performance and value than the GTX 970) and crossfire later as an upgrade.

An i5 4460 can definitely handle these cards, and upgrades can go further. The Xeon E3-1231 performs similarly to an i7 4790k at stock speeds, but is a locked chip. However, get the Rev 1.0 version of the Gigabyte B85M-D3H motherboard, and it can overclock even K-CPUs. See if you can find one in your area.

4 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

B85s are great value. Get your hands on a Gigabyte B85M-D3H and you're set. It supports crossfire, so you can get a 390x instead with the money you save (better performance and value than the GTX 970) and crossfire later as an upgrade.

An i5 4460 can definitely handle these cards, and upgrades can go further. The Xeon E3-1231 performs similarly to an i7 4790k at stock speeds, but is a locked chip. However, get the Rev 1.0 version of the Gigabyte B85M-D3H motherboard, and it can overclock even K-CPUs. See if you can find one in your area.

No amd :( , i need some NVIDIA features...

1 minute ago, T-Aero said:

No amd :( , i need some NVIDIA features...

Like?

In CPU intensive games like GTA 5 and Fallout 4, an i7 would be preferable. I definitely don't agree that the performance is justified by the cost difference though, and you shouldn't worry about it too much if the 4460 and 970 is the limit of your budget. Dx12 and Vulkan are also coming up really quick and those APIs are better at leveraging CPUs so the 4460 will actually serve you well in the future.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

25 minutes ago, N_Bot said:

Like?

Probably Shadowplay. Frankly, I don't see any other reason to buy an NVidia card besides power efficiency, and team green doesn't have much of a lead there either.

1 hour ago, ivan134 said:

In CPU intensive games like GTA 5 and Fallout 4, an i7 would be preferable. I definitely don't agree that the performance is justified by the cost difference though, and you shouldn't worry about it too much if the 4460 and 970 is the limit of your budget. Dx12 and Vulkan are also coming up really quick and those APIs are better at leveraging CPUs so the 4460 will actually serve you well in the future.

The extra performance low level APIs are going to enable will be used for better image quality by developers, not for giving people higher framerates. And MT rendering is one of the main features of the APIs, so i5's won't be able to take full advantage of D3D12 and Vulkan.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

3 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Probably Shadowplay. Frankly, I don't see any other reason to buy an NVidia card besides power efficiency, and team green doesn't have much of a lead there either.

Exactly and I mean there is third party software to mimick Shadowplay. 

7 minutes ago, N_Bot said:

Exactly, mimick. Better to have the convince of the real thing, and less driver overhead too. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

22 minutes ago, N_Bot said:

Say what you want about NVidia gimmicks, but Shadowplay is incredible. NVidia really hit home with that particular piece of software, and imitations haven't quite matched up to the real deal just yet. Stuff like Fraps has a massive amount of latency and causes huge FPS drops, and as someone else said, less driver overhead. 

17 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Say what you want about NVidia gimmicks, but Shadowplay is incredible. NVidia really hit home with that particular piece of software, and imitations haven't quite matched up to the real deal just yet. Stuff like Fraps has a massive amount of latency and causes huge FPS drops, and as someone else said, less driver overhead. 

The alternative is OBS, not FRAPS and it even has an option to use your Intel iGPU to record and not have your GPU do anything.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 hour ago, Aereldor said:

So you're saying slightly better software and a more expensive price tag is worth giving up 30-40% better performance? 

36 minutes ago, N_Bot said:

So you're saying slightly better software and a more expensive price tag is worth giving up 30-40% better performance? 

What 30-40%? The 970 and 390 are equal.

If anyone asks you never saw me.