Fractal Design Arc Mini

Stephie_Girl

Can I just say wow?  I got it for 49.99 on sale with a 10 dollar MIR ontop of that.  The features and build quality are vastly superior to my current case.  I have a 120MM fan coming for the front but it includes 2x120MM and a 140MM fan.  Hard drive cages are modular (Had to remove the one to fit the GTX 770 in).  Excellent cable management options.  Top and bottom removable dust filters.  I mean how much case I got for 40 bucks just completely blows my mind.  It also looks like a 280 radiator would fit up top too!!

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

I've used a handful of cases:

NZXT 630

CM HAF 932

Rosewill Black Hawk

CM N200

CM Force 500

CM Elite 430

Xigmatek 381 (twice)

NZXT Source 210

Corsair 400R

CM HAF 912

and a few others I cannot remember and this case honestly for the price blew my mind.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

@JoshFractal I am almost debating giving up my HAF 932 for something like a define R4, the only issue is I JUST ordered a Swiftech H320 and it's a 360MM radiator.  I would like a smaller form factor (modular hard drive cages) with a window but supports standard ATX board.  Yes I know I am being picky.

@JoshFractal I am almost debating giving up my HAF 932 for something like a define R4, the only issue is I JUST ordered a Swiftech H320 and it's a 360MM radiator.  I would like a smaller form factor (modular hard drive cages) with a window but supports standard ATX board.  Yes I know I am being picky

The Arc Mini R2 covers all of those, except the ATX motherboard, but if you are willing to go Micro ATX....                ;-)

The Arc Mini R2 covers all of those, except the ATX motherboard, but if you are willing to go Micro ATX.... ;-)

It does support 360MM radiator, are BOTH hard drive cages removable?

You can check out Linus' look at it here: http://youtu.be/w5HSirKRHmU?t=3m2s

Official support:

• Water cooling compatibility:
    • Front – 240mm radiator (thick and slim) when HDD cages are removed, radiator cannot exceed 272mm in total length with the ODD bay in place.
    • Top – 240mm or 360mm radiators (thick and slim); the use of 360mm radiators requires removal of the ODD cage.
    • Bottom – 120mm radiators
    • Rear – 120mm radiators

You can check out Linus' look at it here: http://youtu.be/w5HSirKRHmU?t=3m2s

Official support:

• Water cooling compatibility:
    • Front – 240mm radiator (thick and slim) when HDD cages are removed, radiator cannot exceed 272mm in total length with the ODD bay in place.
    • Top – 240mm or 360mm radiators (thick and slim); the use of 360mm radiators requires removal of the ODD cage.
    • Bottom – 120mm radiators
    • Rear – 120mm radiators

I actually just found that video, thanks Josh!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for the Mini R2, would be a great case for a SFF x79 watercooled build.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking