PC games big box collecting?

Hi all,

Just wanted to know, are there many people collecting the old 1990s pc game big boxes? 

I remember back in the day, when i bought a new game I would proudly display the game boxes around my desk, which looked awesome. I have since thrown many of them out over the years believing they were worthless. 

Then a month ago i was checking out ebay and stummbled upon many many hundreds of pc big boxes for sale starting at $50 a pop and a few thousand for original doom pc in its box!

So my question is how many people out there are collecting these and how much could you sell your best big box pc game for?

There are certainly people who collect them (YouTube: MetalJesusRocks and Lazy Game Reviews). 

I own a few myself, even though I'm more of a console collector. In fact, I just bought CounterStrike Condition Zero today for $3 at a thrift store this afternoon.

People like them because digital games suck, and having the real deal is better. 

I don't own anything particularly rare, I own an old DOS compilation set that I could probably sell for $30 or so.