Is this fast?

kburton97

Is this fast for mobile data?Screenshot_2016-02-15-04-30-41.thumb.png

Laptop: HP Pavilion 15 'Gaming' - Intel Core i7 6700HQ - 16GB RAM - 480GB SSD - NVIDIA GeForce 950M 4GB - Half Decent 15.6" 1920x1080 Display

Desktop: Currently non existent

Phones: Bush Windows Phone (Yes, that's Argos' own brand) - Samsung Galaxy S4 (Currently just an alarm clock) - 2 x Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Silver

yah thats some good speeds you have there

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On wireless? Yeah those download speeds are pretty neat. The upload speed and ping is fine.

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

That's on EE's 4G network. I only get 15 down and less than 1 up on my broadband (I refuse to pay the extra £10 per month to get fibre, I'd rather not give TalkTalk any more money)

However, I do get better speeds at my house that is in the middle of nowhere compared to the house in the city, both on broadband and 4G!

Laptop: HP Pavilion 15 'Gaming' - Intel Core i7 6700HQ - 16GB RAM - 480GB SSD - NVIDIA GeForce 950M 4GB - Half Decent 15.6" 1920x1080 Display

Phones: Bush Windows Phone (Yes, that's Argos' own brand) - Samsung Galaxy S4 (Currently just an alarm clock) - 2 x Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Silver

11 minutes ago, MariusJS said:

1: No it's not in any way extraordinary or amazing

2: Not paying 10£ more for fibre is idiotic at best

£10 more doesn't sound much, but that would be 100% more than I am paying now for broadband

Just now, kburton97 said:

£10 more doesn't sound much, but that would be 100% more than I am paying now for broadband

And?

I probably eat for more than 10£ a day lol

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

1 minute ago, MariusJS said:

And?

I probably eat for more than 10£ a day lol

I really don't think £10 is worth it when they say the max I would get is 30 down.

I try to spend as little money as possible so I can buy loads useless crap from china just to see how bad it is

Just now, kburton97 said:

I really don't think £10 is worth it when they say the max I would get is 30 down.

I try to spend as little money as possible so I can buy loads useless crap from china just to see how bad it is

Then it isn't real fiber or their equipment sucks ass, and I understand u :)

1 minute ago, MariusJS said:

Then it isn't real fiber or their equipment sucks ass, and I understand u :)

The only real fibre here is through Virgin Media, but they don't operate anywhere near me. The downside of living outside a city.

9 minutes ago, kburton97 said:

The only real fibre here is through Virgin Media, but they don't operate anywhere near me. The downside of living outside a city.

Depends on the country and location ^^

My grandfather has real fiber with 1 neighbour 50m away and the next one about 1km away.... He can get up to gigabit speeds atm :)

The ISPs in the UK seem to have forgotten about the north, we get literally nothing up here

12 hours ago, kburton97 said:

The ISPs in the UK seem to have forgotten about the north, we get literally nothing up here

Nothing in the South West either.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2016 at 0:28 AM, kburton97 said:

Nope, not real fiber, just not using copper phone cables from the cabinet to your house, however they do use coaxial cables which as basically more shielded copper cables therefore less interference which also leads to faster speeds :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)