Broken Front Audio Jack

AgunneR

Hello all,

Yesterday, I quickly got up from my chair to play with my dog, while doing this i managed to rip my headphones chord out of the front headphone jack on my case, rendering the jack broken. After doing this, I attempted to save the situation by plugging my headphones into my motherboards (listed below) "front speaker jack" as listed in the motherboards manual. This does produce sound but the sound is extremely lacking and doesn't hit everything I would like it to (even listening to a song I can notice a SEVERE decrease in audio quality). I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this problem, or would i have to purchase extra hardware?

- AsRock Extreme3 970 Motherboard

- Thermaltake Chaser a31 case

- sennheiser hd 598 headphones

Thanks guys!

I think you're imagining things, because the audio from your motherboard is literally ALWAYS better than your front audio, unless you also happen to damage your headphone cable on the way out.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

I'd try unplugging the internal audio jack, maybe that causes the problems

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Just now, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

I think you're imagining things, because the audio from your motherboard is literally ALWAYS better than your front audio, unless you also happen to damage your headphone cable on the way out.

I didn't damage the headphone cable, I have tested it on my phone as well as my brother's phone to be sure. Both work fine.

Just now, Domifi said:

I'd try unplugging the internal audio jack, maybe that causes the problems

For the front panel?

If you know anything about electronics it would be a pretty easy replacement. But if you don't then I'm sure you might know someone who used to work at the radio shack down the road before it closed down that would probably replace it for you for like 5 or 10 dollars.

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

Just now, AgunneR said:

For the front panel?

exactly

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

just buy an external sound hardware, i search it on amazon and since i never used it, i am sorry i dont have any recommended brands...