Water cooling or air cooling

jol159
Go to solution Solved by glitchmaster0001,

here's what i have to say about air/liquid cooling if your tight on a budget and you dont plan on doing to much overclocking then the hyper 212 evo is a good bang for buck cooler. if you got money to spend and you want your pc to look nice and you plan on some overclocking but dont want a $400 custom loop then a decent $80 or $100 AIO Liquid cooler will run you fine. personally for me i was very lucky to be able to buy a brand new Corsair h70 Core AIO Liquid Cooler for like $8 at WeirdStuffWarehouse.

what are your opinions on air cooling and water cooling (is one better/cheaper than the other, is water cooling prone to leaking etc..)

3 minutes ago, jol159 said:

what are your opinions on air cooling and water cooling (is one better/cheaper than the other, is water cooling prone to leaking etc..)

Aircooling is the best bang for the buck cooling solution. An All in One (AIO) is a bit better (looks cleaner in my opinion) but costs more for same performance.

Neither is definitively better than the other. Which one is best for you depends on several factors, such as;

- Budget

- Case (support for rads)

- Which components need cooling

- Preference for silence or performance

- Ease of changing components

And so on. It's not really a simple question to answer without knowing what you want specifically. 

3 minutes ago, jol159 said:

p.s would you recommend water cooling for my pc: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/jol159/saved/

(i have a corsair 100r silent edition as the case for the above build)

Considering how overpowered your build already is, an all-in-one water cooler would be a good edition, if you can afford it. (I'm just gonna let the more experienced take over.)

Just now, Wouterrinos said:

Aircooling is the best bang for the buck cooling solution. An All in One (AIO) is a bit better (looks cleaner in my opinion) but costs more for same performance.

so what Aio is equal to the hyper 212 evo in terms of performance?

1 minute ago, StormGamer25 said:

Considering how overpowered your build already is, an all-in-one water cooler would be a good edition, if you can afford it.

which one?

1 minute ago, jol159 said:

No the average AiO will perform better than the 212 Evo. I have the Deepcool 360mm AiO cooler which is pretty nice.

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

1 minute ago, jol159 said:

none, about all AIO's are better, but the cheapest AIO is about 70 dollars and the 212 just 25.

here's what i have to say about air/liquid cooling if your tight on a budget and you dont plan on doing to much overclocking then the hyper 212 evo is a good bang for buck cooler. if you got money to spend and you want your pc to look nice and you plan on some overclocking but dont want a $400 custom loop then a decent $80 or $100 AIO Liquid cooler will run you fine. personally for me i was very lucky to be able to buy a brand new Corsair h70 Core AIO Liquid Cooler for like $8 at WeirdStuffWarehouse.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, Wouterrinos said:

none, about all AIO's are better, but the cheapest AIO is about 70 dollars and the 212 just 25.

ok thanks :D

I ordered a Cryorig A40 which is a hybrid between Air cooling and Water cooling. Perhaps you should take a look? If not, they do some really good air cooling solutions.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

6 minutes ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

I ordered a Cryorig A40 which is a hybrid between Air cooling and Water cooling. Perhaps you should take a look? If not, they do some really good air cooling solutions.

i will have a look