Very silly PSU question...

Kryptyx

This almost hurts to ask but to be certain I figured I would. I just swapped out the standard PSU cables that came with my AX860i for the official Corsair braided cables. I really didn't like the way the dual PCI-E power cables were lining up to the card so I instead ran 2 single PCI-E power cables to each card. I'm assuming there is no difference as far as the PSU is concerned in terms of draw or efficiency, right? It just made my cable management more of a pain lol.

Has anyone been able to use the dual power cable cleanly? It looked terrible when I was using it.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

9 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

This almost hurts to ask but to be certain I figured I would. I just swapped out the standard PSU cables that came with my AX860i for the official Corsair braided cables. I really didn't like the way the dual PCI-E power cables were lining up to the card so I instead ran 2 single PCI-E power cables to each card. I'm assuming there is no difference as far as the PSU is concerned in terms of draw or efficiency, right? It just made my cable management more of a pain lol.

Has anyone been able to use the dual power cable cleanly? It looked terrible when I was using it.

You're fine. No difference in draw, performance, or efficiency. In fact, efficiency may be ever so slightly higher, as more individual wires are carrying current from the PSU to GPU.

Routing the extra loop is usually ugly. What I have seen done in SLI set ups, is that you run 2 sets of dual, and have the second connection on both go on the second GPU.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Oh crap, why didn't I think of that. That would probably be the cleanest. I'll have to take a look tonight. Thanks for the advice!

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE