Should I return my pg279q?

Remixt

So I just got an Asus pg279q two days ago, and I really like it. I came from a 1080p 21 inch monitor so its a big step up. 

I bought this knowing that there have been issues with backlight bleeding for most if not all consumers. Mine does have some bleeding, but I can only see it when the screen is black and not displaying anything other than super dark stuff.

My main issue is that when I first turned the monitor on there was a really big white line going down the center(vertically) that looked like it was inverting all of the colors. It got worse once I turned on the 165 hz overclock, but after I reset the monitor a few times it went away and I haven't had an issue in over 24 hours.

Should I RMA this? I'm not sure if the issue will come back or if its just a common thing for monitors to do when first booting them up for the first time.

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

I would RMA it. I have 2 and neither one has had the vertical line issue at start up. They just come on. It could be a harbinger of worse things to come. Also, check your cables and connections first, but I'm going to say you need to send it back.

For the price you paid for that monitor, it should be perfect. There is no excuse why any monitor at the price range should have any imperfections.

I would wait a couple more hours to see if that issue comes back.

I would return it and go with the Acer XB271HU. It doesn't seem to have the QC issues the swift has. Plus backlight bleed seems to be much better on the predator. With IPS you will get some bleed but the Asus seems to be really bad.