Video Card I/O Being Blocked By Case

Don't have a pc :/

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

What's being blocked?

The DVI port right up against the PCI-E brackets...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Loosen up the screw and refit it again.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

The DVI port right up against the PCI-E brackets...

Yep same with HDMI which is what I am using. I can't plug it in all the way because it is blocked. I'm not sure about DVI because I don't have a DVI cable.

Did you screw it into place? You might have forgot that so it might be leaning.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Loosen up the screw and refit it again.

Actually to the right (off camera), I had to drill out some holes to even get the graphics card to fit. You know the screws that hold it in (there's one below the HDMI plug), well that was hitting the case so I had to drill the case.

Did you screw it into place? You might have forgot that so it might be leaning.

Yep, I spent about an hour trying to get it in. It's probably the case (Fractal Core 3000), now I'm hesitant about buying Fractal products. Is this the same with your case? What case are you using?

I've seen it happen before...

If you are positive it is installed correctly the only thing you can really do is grab a file/dremel and cut out the pieces that get in the way.

My Arc Midi R2 works fine and I have a XFX 6870.

i5-4670k 4.5 Ghz 1.25v | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | 4x4 Gigs of Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600Mhz | Gigabyte 980 Ti Reference 1503 Core/ 7796 Effective Memory | H100i w/stock fans | EVGA Supernova 1000w G1 | Samsung 840 120Gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM | Corsair Force LX 128Gb SSD | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | DT 990 Pro 250Ohm | Blue Snowball | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G600 | Acer H236HL BID x 3

That can happen as cases have brackets like those. But the fact is it might be a bit to up. Refit again and see what might be the fitting process step that is flawed.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

As everyone has said, just loosen the screw up and pull the card down a couple of Mm's and you should be fine, retighten the screw and you're done.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

This happens with my windforce 670 and the phantom 410, I haven't had any issues with it yet so I would assume its fine. 

Take the card out and remove a strip of material from the pcie bracket using a file or a dremel.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Could it be just bent? If its new case I think that goes as error in built quality. In here we call them Monday pieces (Maanantaikappale). RMA it if its bent and you're not done it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Maanantaikappale

Ahh Finnish, so easy :P

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

My R2 is fine.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B