Feature to Enable/Disable Announcements?

DeadEyeKozi

Hey everyone,

Not too big of a deal, but I would just like to be able to disable certain announcements, as I don't want to see them at the top of every page. The current announcement has no relevance to me and makes the pages look kind of cluttered(Probably not too anyone else, I just don't want to have to see them on every post I view). Some may not agree but just personally I would like to be able to remove them.

Maybe even if you could toggle certain announcements from being displayed when you are logged in, so you can read them all and if they have no relevance to you, can clear them from the "Announcements list" 

Once again, not too big of a deal but would be a great feature, to me personally at least.

Spoiler

CPU: I7-4790k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z97X-Gaming 3 

Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866 16GB, (2x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte Geforce G1 Gaming 980Ti 

Case: NZXT Noctis 450 (Black/Red) Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 3TB 

PSU: Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold

3 minutes ago, DeadEyeKozi said:

Hey everyone,

Not too big of a deal, but I would just like to be able to disable certain announcements, as I don't want to see them at the top of every page. The current announcement has no relevance to me and makes the pages look kind of cluttered(Probably not too anyone else, I just don't want to have to see them on every post I view). Some may not agree but just personally I would like to be able to remove them.

Maybe even if you could toggle certain announcements from being displayed when you are logged in, so you can read them all and if they have no relevance to you, can clear them from the "Announcements list" 

Once again, not too big of a deal but would be a great feature, to me personally at least.

@colonel_mortis

im not sure, but I believe it cannot be done.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

9 minutes ago, ddswh1pk0s said:

Your motherboard is a Z97 not a Z87 sorry homie.

I know that... was just a mistype in my signature. Thanks for letting me know

Spoiler

CPU: I7-4790k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z97X-Gaming 3 

Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866 16GB, (2x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte Geforce G1 Gaming 980Ti 

Case: NZXT Noctis 450 (Black/Red) Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 3TB 

PSU: Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold

There's no way for you to "hide" announcements by design. Announcements are suppose to be important sitewide information that people need to read, and allowing them to disable them... frankly defeats their purpose. 

Though we do know that they're currently less than ideal and there will be some changes made to them in the near future. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB