Best Smartwatch?

whatthe_fuzz

Surely a Casio Pro Trek is a smartwatch no?

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

Surely a Casio Pro Trek is a smartwatch no?

I'm wearing one for the last 4 years, PRW-1300T, never changed the battery (tough solar, always full battery), I love it and would defend it to the hills. But after 4 years on my wrist, I'm thinking of buying a new watch just for change. 

Pebble looks best for me, it's a watch after all, I don't want to walk around lugging a behemoth on my wrist like the Samsung gear, although I'm using Samsung Phones (Note 2 currently), and for the forseable future. The gear looks bad compared to the Pebble which acually looks like a watch (albeit not the best looking). And whoever wants to carry a camera on their watch? And the battery life doesn't help, but 7 days is still better than one day. And 150$ seems reasonable, seeing as I was prepared to pay 350$ for a casio Era-200 red bull edition the other day...

I'd love it if you could relay the calls to a bluetooth headset via pebble - no need to get yuor phone out of your pocket.

TBH I'm still contemplating if it's a waste of money for me. Need more research.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

I think the Samsung Gear is the most interesting and where I would want to see smartwatches go, I really like the fact you can do the full S-Voice commands, but it isn't without problems I think the screen tech in smartwatches has to be able to be always on like the Pebble and Qualcomms watches and battery life has to be up to scratch I would like to see solar power paired with great battery life.

I personally would like to see them more 'watch' like I don't really want a mini smartphone lookalike on my wrist something like the Citizen Ecodrive Bluetooth or the Casio G-Shocks is what I see as ideal, and I won't be wearing any until they are stainless steal or titanium also water resistance is a must.

These first gen devices are promising but are definitely not there yet.

I think the Samsung Gear is the most interesting and where I would want to see smartwatches go, I really like the fact you can do the full S-Voice commands, but it isn't without problems I think the screen tech in smartwatches has to be able to be always on like the Pebble and Qualcomms watches and battery life has to be up to scratch I would like to see solar power paired with great battery life.

I personally would like to see them more 'watch' like I don't really want a mini smartphone lookalike on my wrist something like the Citizen Ecodrive Bluetooth or the Casio G-Shocks is what I see as ideal, and I won't be wearing any until they are stainless steal or titanium also water resistance is a must.

These first gen devices are promising but are definitely not there yet.

A watch that is cumbersome, and has to be charged every day is a no-go for me. Even every 7 days is too short for a watch in my book. Galaxy gear seems like a toy with all the gimmicks like the camera and, mic/speaker.

I too like the Casio solutions, but I'm a tinkerer so...

Still it seems I'm a sucker for the Pebble, although the Agent looks much better.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

A watch that is cumbersome, and has to be charged every day is a no-go for me. Even every 7 days is too short for a watch in my book. Galaxy gear seems like a toy with all the gimmicks like the camera and, mic/speaker.

I too like the Casio solutions, but I'm a tinkerer so...

Still it seems I'm a sucker for the Pebble, although the Agent looks much better.

I agree, battery life has to be significantly increased, if we could somehow have the Citizen with an e-ink watch face like the Pebble while retaining the solar charging that would be ideal (or the G-Shock with an entire e-ink display), I think the camera on the Gear is not necessary at all but I do like the mic and speaker, not necessarily for making calls (although I wouldn't want them to remove it as it's the users choice to use it) but for voice commands I think are great.

What I'm really looking for is a "watch+", I want it to look like a watch and be a watch but with subtle, enhanced functionality.

A 5 inch smartphone strapped to my wrist and paired with my smartphone in my pocket.  That way I have a smartphone for my smartphone OH and some sort of eye tech paired to my wrist smartphone paired to my pocket phone because, god forbid, I am unable to check my notifications the instant they come in.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

since this is sony's second generation of smartwatch id like to think they have learnt from any  mistakes they made with the first one and its personally my favourite for looks as it looks closest to a real watch in my opinion.

I am not buying into any smartwatch as long as they are not waterproof, have no triple sensor like a Pro Trek and have no solar panel for recharging.

Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

Pebble is waterproof, and I don't see why solar charging couldn't be implemented on an updated version. And you already have a double sensor as accelerometer and gps so yeah...

Hmm well i hope it has a solar panel for recharge and an altimeter, barometer, thermometer, tide gauge along with the accelerometer and gps (i suppose the gps can function as a compass?) not to mention a super heavyweight metalic body for crush resistance xD

Pipboy 3000 of course! Makes all these look like wrist turds

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

If you need all of that, then you really don't need a modern urban smartwatch, stick to pro trek. And don't forget the pro trek costs 3 times the price of Pebble.

If you need all of that, then you really don't need a modern urban smartwatch, stick to pro trek. And don't forget the pro trek costs 3 times the price of Pebble.

yes the pro trek is quite formidable xD Had it since 2009 and i am still using it. xD quite durable

Pipboy 3000 of course! Makes all these look like wrist turds

One can only dream <_<

I really just need a claaic watch the will display txt, calls, and emails with music control even.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I like the sony one. But I think this technology will help kids cheat, in fact it has been done b4, but using ipod nanos (i think), they just make cheat sheets into jpegs then check them when the teacher isnt looking.

I like the sony one. But I think this technology will help kids cheat, in fact it has been done b4, but using ipod nanos (i think), they just make cheat sheets into jpegs then check them when the teacher isnt looking.

Soo? :P

If teachers aren't smart enough to maintain technological advances then goodjib to the student!

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Soo? :P

If teachers aren't smart enough to maintain technological advances then goodjib to the student!

I know, but sooner or later, they will catch up :P