Just did a fresh install of Ubuntu, can't connect to the internet...

I've had this problem before but I don't remember how I fixed it. Please help. I have it hooked up to a switch that is also wired to my laptop.

23 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

I've had this problem before but I don't remember how I fixed it. Please help. I have it hooked up to a switch that is also wired to my laptop.

There is an entire forums for Ubuntu called AskUbuntu

qatch out though they are very strict with your answers and questions 

grammar needs to be perfect or literally they will go ape

and I think this is a know issue 

I'm guessing you don't have DHCP on your local network, so just manually set an IP in the appropriate range.

Look at what addresses the computers on your network that do have connectivity have, set a similar one (last segment different) in the network settings instead of DHCP and you should be good.

20 hours ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

There is an entire forums for Ubuntu called AskUbuntu

qatch out though they are very strict with your answers and questions 

grammar needs to be perfect or literally they will go ape

and I think this is a know issue 

AskUbuntu tends to be a bit more lenient about grammar than most Linux help forums. Now, if you seek help on Ubuntu Forums proper, then you will have to take care to communicate as clearly as possible (which you should always do anyway).

At any rate, AskUbuntu is probably a better place to ask than here, since there are many more Ubuntu experts browsing that forum.

HOWEVER!!

Asking questions that have already been answered elsewhere is greatly looked down upon in the Linux community. Make sure that before you ask anything, do some Google searching. Make sure to include things like the software and hardware you're using, the fact that you're using Ubuntu, etc.